What’s With All The Unregistered Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s With All The Unregistered Users

to me, its a bit ridiculous. I can see if you are using your daycare kids names but many of us don't. How do I know that its just not luckers. I think this forum needs to be locked.

join the club....oh wait there is no club; it's open to everyone. ::

Sorry I couldnt resist being a smart alec...it's Friday and just how I am feeling today!

There is an off-topic area for members only...

Comment

??? really?

Comment

I know some are new that forget to log in, others are one time posters and that is ok to me. And I've been seeing a lot of normal users logging off to post because they want to stay confidential. I was under the impression that the members only board is for off-topic posts only, or am I wrong?

I have no issue reading or resoponding to posts by unregiestered people. They are still looking for advice or support, aren't they?

Comment

I'm a newbie still, and a couple times i've posted and didn't realize that i wasn't logged in. oops.

Comment

There is a new forum for members only, that "unregistered" guests cannot view. I recommend using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
              There is a new forum for members only, that "unregistered" guests cannot view. I recommend using it.
              Non-members can view but not post or engage. The thread is here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Comment

Originally posted by DCMomOf3 View Post
                I have no issue reading or resoponding to posts by unregiestered people. They are still looking for advice or support, aren't they?
                I feel this way, too. When I first found this website, I felt uncomfortable about joining as a registered member because of an unpleasant experience I had had at another child care website where I had been a long-time member. At the same time, I felt as though I had something worthwhile to add to the conversation so I posted a few replies as unregistered.

I've just recently decided to become a registered member. I really don't enjoy the arguments that sometimes happen here and on other sites so I truly don't want to start a heated discussion about this topic but I am honestly wondering why some members have such a problem with unregistered people posting replies. Although I'm registered now as e.j., no one here knows me any more than they did when I responded to posts as "unregistered". Having visited this site for as long as I have prior to registering, I recognize all of your sign-ons and it's nice to feel a bit of familiarity with you but I don't really know any of you any better than the people who choose to reply as unregistered. My feeling is if I'm concerned enough about something to start a thread seeking help/comments from others, it doesn't matter to me if they are registered members or non-registered members as long as their replies are helpful or offer me another perspective to consider. Just out of curiosity, could I ask why some of you seem feel so strongly about responses from unregistered people?

Comment

I, too, will not respond to unregistered users. I think alot of them like to cause friction among regulars with hot topics.

I am so thankful to Michael, the admin, who made a section just for registered members.

There is a thread called something like Buy A Daycare, Rent A Daycare, Sell A Daycare. I don't remember the name. Anyway, it's nothing but unregistered users. It looks like a bunch of robots talking.

I fully respect that people want to "shop before buying" I did that as well. Once I knew I liked the site, I became a member. The worst that can happen is that you don't like the site. You can delete your information and not come back.

Comment

My take on this is I did register before posting, but when I changed pages I didn't realize I had to RE-login so I did post by accident twice as unregistered.

However I do find that sometimes when you are in desperate need of advice, you google or bing or whatever you use, and finally find something that relates, but most sites you have to register to post a question. So everytime you have a question and you google and get the closest to what you need for information, and you have to register. Any idea how many forums/sites you have to have logins/pws for?

I just think as a registered user, you have the option to choose whether or not to respond to some unregistered users question. I agree some of them just like to come in and stir stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by Baybee0585 View Post
                      My take on this is I did register before posting, but when I changed pages I didn't realize I had to RE-login so I did post by accident twice as unregistered.

However I do find that sometimes when you are in desperate need of advice, you google or bing or whatever you use, and finally find something that relates, but most sites you have to register to post a question. So everytime you have a question and you google and get the closest to what you need for information, and you have to register. Any idea how many forums/sites you have to have logins/pws for?

I just think as a registered user, you have the option to choose whether or not to respond to some unregistered users question. I agree some of them just like to come in and stir stuff up.
                      Right...if you want just some quick advice, I can understand why you wouldn't want to register. I am mainly speaking for the providers and/or parents who are here on a daily (or like me hourly : basis!

Comment

I just discovered this site.
                        As a fairly new daycare provider, I am very interested in different opinions/views/ideas on any and everything.

When I discovered this site, I instantly fell in love. It's a great place! So I registered, clicked the remember me, and set my browser to remember my login/pw.

One day if it ever forgets that info, I might be in trouble. But lets hope it doesn't.

Comment

I didn't know that anyone could view the Members Only section. I've said a couple of things in there that are more personal than I'd say otherwise... I really think (for whatever my opinion is worth) that unregistered viewers shouldn't be able to view that section either. Otherwise, there's really no point in it being members only...

Comment

Originally posted by AfterSchoolMom View Post
                            I didn't know that anyone could view the Members Only section. I've said a couple of things in there that are more personal than I'd say otherwise... I really think (for whatever my opinion is worth) that unregistered viewers shouldn't be able to view that section either. Otherwise, there's really no point in it being members only...
                            I believe that they cannot view that area. It is for Members only. However, keep in mind that ANYONE can register and then read that section, so I would still be cautious about posting overly personla information.

Comment

To view the members only section you have to be logged in. Also, if you ever forget your password the system can email it to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X