What Associations Do You Recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Associations Do You Recommend?

I am hoping you all could recommend national organizations for Daycare Providers and/or certification programs that are beneficial for you or increase the value of your program/business.

Thanks!

Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act, and helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices.

this is the most important one
    you will need it more for the parents than the kids

Comment

Originally posted by Jazminsdaycare View Post
      http://www.mentalhealth.gov/

this is the most important one
      you will need it more for the parents than the kids
      ::

Comment

Check to see if NAEYC or NAFCC has a local affiliate in your area. I haven't been involved with our local NAEYC organization in years (it's pretty geared toward centers) but leadership is making some pretty overt gestures towards FCC lately. Aside from that your best bet is to ask other providers (like at a training) in your area.

Comment

Nafcc

Originally posted by Dilley Beans View Post
          I am hoping you all could recommend national organizations for Daycare Providers and/or certification programs that are beneficial for you or increase the value of your program/business.

Thanks!
          Join the National Association for Family Child Care. They have a lot of benefits for members, including a monthly business newsletter from me and help by me if you are ever audited by the IRS.
          http://www.tomcopelandblog.com

Comment

I mean no disrespect by this, just honestly asking, but is it really beneficial to join the different associations? I've NEVER had a parent inquire about them.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly View Post
              I mean no disrespect by this, just honestly asking, but is it really beneficial to join the different associations? I've NEVER had a parent inquire about them.
              IMO it's a matter of being a professional, like doctors are members of medical professional organizations.

I've been a member of NAEYC for 15+ years. We have active state and local affiliates so I get lots of benefits from it like continuing education, discounts on conferences, and support. You also get a monthly journal - I get Teaching Young Children - which is full of great ideas.

No offense, Tom, but I've also been a member of NAFCC on and off over the years and really haven't received any benefits. Our statewide affiliate is less than professional, and there's no local affiliate so I've got to pay extra for the family support group I'm a member of.

I do think it's important to be a member of a local group, especially as family child care, because we're so isolated and don't usually have a huge network of support. It's good to have support from people who've "been there, done that" and understand what we're going through.

Comment

NAFCC or NAEYC. Your state should have a group for both of these.
                But has anyone heard of NCCA? I just saw a conference advertised for Feb and I have not heard of this org before. I'm looking for educational offerings (and some much needed networking, since I work alone).

Comment

Originally posted by AmyKidsCo View Post
                  IMO it's a matter of being a professional, like doctors are members of medical professional organizations.

I've been a member of NAEYC for 15+ years. We have active state and local affiliates so I get lots of benefits from it like continuing education, discounts on conferences, and support. You also get a monthly journal - I get Teaching Young Children - which is full of great ideas.

No offense, Tom, but I've also been a member of NAFCC on and off over the years and really haven't received any benefits. Our statewide affiliate is less than professional, and there's no local affiliate so I've got to pay extra for the family support group I'm a member of.

I do think it's important to be a member of a local group, especially as family child care, because we're so isolated and don't usually have a huge network of support. It's good to have support from people who've "been there, done that" and understand what we're going through.
                  This must be why I don't see the benefit. We don't have active affiliates in our area.

I wish we had something like that in this area. It would be tremendous to network.

Comment

Working...
                  X