Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jury Duty

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jury Duty

    I have been summoned for jury duty. ugh!

    Have any of you had to deal with this? Do you make the parents still pay you? I need my income and there is virtually no way out of getting out of it.

    I know it could only be one day but it could also potentially be weeks!

    Any suggestions?

  • #2
    Originally posted by DaycareMom View Post
    I have been summoned for jury duty. ugh!

    Have any of you had to deal with this? Do you make the parents still pay you? I need my income and there is virtually no way out of getting out of it.

    I know it could only be one day but it could also potentially be weeks!

    Any suggestions?
    Licensing helped me write a letter about working in child care and how I could NOT put just anyone in my child care facility and I was let off!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Annalee View Post
      Licensing helped me write a letter about working in child care and how I could NOT put just anyone in my child care facility and I was let off!
      Unfortunately I am unlicensed.

      Comment


      • #4
        I've only been summoned once n the last 11 year **knock on wood** I wrote a letter that said something about being the primary care giver for xx number of kids and how me having to close would not only require me to find care for my own kids, it would also require xx number of parents to either miss work or find alternate care for their kids as well along with being out the income for the day(s). I was excused.

        Comment


        • #5
          Some exemptions allowed here that you may/ or may not be able to use to show a hardship where you live

          Are you the sole breadwinner of your household and self employed?

          Do you provide "unpaid" childcare for your own (or someone else's) children during the day?

          We can also postpone jury duty as a "teacher" or student to our next school break.

          Comment


          • #6
            Other threads about jury duty

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by snbauser View Post
              I've only been summoned once n the last 11 year **knock on wood** I wrote a letter that said something about being the primary care giver for xx number of kids and how me having to close would not only require me to find care for my own kids, it would also require xx number of parents to either miss work or find alternate care for their kids as well along with being out the income for the day(s). I was excused.
              Yes, I did this twice and I was excused both times. I don't think it matters if you are regulated or not. I didn't need anything from the state or the county.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by snbauser View Post
                I've only been summoned once n the last 11 year **knock on wood** I wrote a letter that said something about being the primary care giver for xx number of kids and how me having to close would not only require me to find care for my own kids, it would also require xx number of parents to either miss work or find alternate care for their kids as well along with being out the income for the day(s). I was excused.
                This didn't work for me and at the time I had the kids of 2 state troopers, two teachers and a hospital employee. I was only needed for one day and everyone paid. Had I been needed for longer I probably would have given a discount.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have been called multiple times but always gotten off when I explain my circumstances. Our summons come with a questionnaire but if it didn't I would include a letter. I actually wouldn't mind jury duty but I simply can't afford to be paid $12 a day and don't feel like I can charge when the parents would have to find other care and pay for it. When I am retired I'll do it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    plead insanity..... jk.

                    I had to go in to explain why I could not serve and was let off.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X