Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Do You Let Parents Send Potty Training Kids In Underwear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Do You Let Parents Send Potty Training Kids In Underwear?

Just curious with what others are doing. So far I've told parents the kids need to be peeing on the toilet before they come in underwear. Do you ask that the child go so many days without a wet pullup before they come in underwear? I know that I don't have time during the day to be cleaning up accidents. And I know what they do at home isn't always what they do at daycare. So what do you all do. I have several children toilet training now. It just a matter of weeks or months before they are fully trained.

Thanks

Kids can come in underwear when they go a week without accidents and show that they will ask when they need to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Kids can come in underwear when they go a week without accidents and show that they will ask when they need to go.
      A week at daycare with no accidents?

Comment

Two weeks accident free before they can come in underwear here

Comment

Two weeks clean and dry WITHOUT being prompted by me. When they are telling me they need to go and are doing it unaided, I consider them potty trained.

I have this outlined in my handbook, but of course I still get parents who think one pee in the potty after sitting there for 30 minutes means their child is potty trained and should come in undies.......

Comment

Originally posted by Patches View Post
            Two weeks accident free before they can come in underwear here
            Same here (2 weeks) but I don't count naps. Some kids need pullups during nap even though they are potty trained. From what I have read on here 2 weeks is pretty standard.

Comment

I'll have to write out a policy for this. I hadn't covered it in my handbook. The mom thinks that having the pullup on she will just pee in it. I told her I would try tomorrow but if she has an accident I have to put her in a pullup.

Do you agree with having a pullup on that she will just pee in it? I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorna View Post
                I'll have to write out a policy for this. I hadn't covered it in my handbook. The mom thinks that having the pullup on she will just pee in it. I told her I would try tomorrow but if she has an accident I have to put her in a pullup.

Do you agree with having a pullup on that she will just pee in it? I don't know.
                I have one child that will do this. You put underware on him and he won't have any accidents and will tell you when he has to go every time. You put a diaper/pull up on him and he will pee in it all day

Comment

I just start potty training by stopping use diapers and starting use underwear. The parents do same home. The first week - 2 accidents, the second week - 1 accident, the third week - no accident here. A boy is 2.3 y.o.
                  Another boy (same age) had 1 accident during a first week and no accident during next two weeks.
                  Tomorrow 3 y.o. boy will come without diapers.
                  During nap time all of them are wearing diapers. Most of the times they are dry.
                  Children are wearing long thick pants. Even if they have an accident - my floor and area rugs are dry.
                  Now I need to change diapers only for 20 m.o. boy.
                  One 3 y.o. is completely trained. 3 others boy go to potty all together after my words "it's time to pee".
                  I forget about changing diapers happyface
                  If I would wait when parents start potty training and when children would have 2 weeks without an accident here I would change diapers at least 6 months more. I'm lazy to do that

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko View Post
                    Two weeks clean and dry WITHOUT being prompted by me. When they are telling me they need to go and are doing it unaided, I consider them potty trained.

I have this outlined in my handbook, but of course I still get parents who think one pee in the potty after sitting there for 30 minutes means their child is potty trained and should come in undies.......
                    same here. I don't do pull ups... I don't do undies over pull ups... I don't do the every 15 minute take them to the potty thing... I don't do hue but they have to be trained in two weeks for preschool crap.... Yadda yadda

Comment

Originally posted by ColorfulSunburst View Post
                      I just start potty training by stopping use diapers and starting use underwear. The parents do same home. The first week - 2 accidents, the second week - 1 accident, the third week - no accident here. A boy is 2.3 y.o.
                      Another boy (same age) had 1 accident during a first week and no accident during next two weeks.
                      Tomorrow 3 y.o. boy will come without diapers.
                      During nap time all of them are wearing diapers. Most of the times they are dry.
                      Children are wearing long thick pants. Even if they have an accident - my floor and area rugs are dry.
                      Now I need to change diapers only for 20 m.o. boy.
                      One 3 y.o. is completely trained. 3 others boy go to potty all together after my words "it's time to pee".
                      I forget about changing diapers happyface
                      If I would wait when parents start potty training and when children would have 2 weeks without an accident here I would change diapers at least 6 months more. I'm lazy to do that
                      Do you take them every x minutes or hour or etc?? Or do you require them to verbalized their need to go?

Comment

I also potty train my own kids early. I am not a big fan of being in diapers until the cows come home. My youngest is 2 years and almost 4 months. He is just now ready but before he was anti (wans't going to push it of course). He goes out to daycare (here it's required when they are 2), so I am waiting for a weekend when I'm not so crazy to pull off the diapers, but like ripping off a band aide I find quick and dirty is usually the best way to go with kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Cradle2crayons View Post
                          Do you take them every x minutes or hour or etc?? Or do you require them to verbalized their need to go?
                          1st week - every 20-30 minutes.
                          3rd week - around 4-5 times per day.
                          They are not able to verbalized their need to go yet, but they learn how to control their urination.

for me it is not a potty training, it is weaning from diapers. When we wean a child from pacifier we just take it away. We are not waiting when (s)he will be ready to say " I don't want a pacifier anymore". I think that the using diapers and pacifiers is a habit that are very comfy for ... parents. Especially the first one. Therefore, they do everything a child gets these habits and when the habits stop to be comfy for them they get nervous and do all to rid the child of these habits.

Comment

Originally posted by Cradle2crayons View Post
                            same here. I don't do pull ups... I don't do undies over pull ups... I don't do the every 15 minute take them to the potty thing... I don't do hue but they have to be trained in two weeks for preschool crap.... Yadda yadda
                            I'm in this club

Comment

Originally posted by ColorfulSunburst View Post
                              1st week - every 20-30 minutes.
                              3rd week - around 4-5 times per day.
                              They are not able to verbalized their need to go yet, but they learn how to control their urination.

for me it is not a potty training, it is weaning from diapers. When we wean a child from pacifier we just take it away. We are not waiting when (s)he will be ready to say " I don't want a pacifier anymore". I think that the using diapers and pacifiers is a habit that are very comfy for ... parents. Especially the first one.
                              Hmm, seems like a really productive way to look at it.

"Weaning from diapers". I like that.

Giving the time intervals in which you will take the child on week #1, 2 and 3 then gives parents a nice guideline as to what the child must be capable of doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X