No announcement yet.

Is It Legal To Term Based On This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't need to make this about ADHD, you simply need to make it about behavior. If the child's behavior is disruptive, put the child on probation, document all behaviors and then terminate.

Comment

Originally posted by ddnanny13 View Post
      I have an almost 4 year old dcg who has recently been diagnosed with ADHD. I was actually happy to hear that as it gave some reason to her extremely unruly behavior. I was happy until I found out that her mom is refusing the medication rec from the doc. Mom says that as a child she always had to take medication and hated it so she doesn't want to do that to her own daughter.... So can I terminate her for behavior since this is technically a disability? Even though she is refusing to treat it? Really not sure where to go with this one....
      I agree with Jen - let the extremely unruly behavior be the reason to dismiss, not the fact that the Mom refuses to medicate her daughter.

I personally would not medicate a child unless they were violent or suicidal. ADHD children need to learn to cope in society, not be drug addicts. Everything you put into your body affects your liver including tylenol.

Parents of ADHD children need to pay attention to what they are feeding their children and document the food and unruly behavior. There may be a connection and while it won't remove all symptoms, the proper diet can help them cope with today's demands.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaddidle Care View Post
        I agree with Jen - let the extremely unruly behavior be the reason to dismiss, not the fact that the Mom refuses to medicate her daughter.

I personally would not medicate a child unless they were violent or suicidal. ADHD children need to learn to cope in society, not be drug addicts. Everything you put into your body affects your liver including tylenol.

Parents of ADHD children need to pay attention to what they are feeding their children and document the food and unruly behavior. There may be a connection and while it won't remove all symptoms, the proper diet can help them cope with today's demands.
        Completely, totally agree.

I have adult ADD (I really, really don't have the Hyperactive part of the description) and I was having a harder and harder time coping with it as it got worse and worse in college...then I went off gluten and most of the time I feel like a completely different person! I still need caffeine in my system every 2-3 days to keep my brain functioning usefully, but it's NOTHING like it used to be.

Other people I know with ADD/ADHD find themselves helped immensely by eliminating food dyes, dairy, casein, and/or gluten. Soy can be another hidden culprit, too.
        Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

As I've posted elsewhere, my oldest was diagnosed ADHD (although I truly feel he's an Aspie) and Peanut products increase his symptoms.

He can eat them but tries not to unless he has nothing really stressful the next day.

Comment

Working...
          X