Continuous Coughing - WWYD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous Coughing - WWYD?

I have a house of sick kids right now. 1/2 are coughing at nap and a bit throughout the day and most have runny noses. Tis the Season.

But I have one dcb that has been coughing continuously today. He's the one that ALWAYS has a runny nose and he's had this cough all week but today it's gotten much worse and he's 2 and I have to keep telling him to cover his cough. He's coughing on everyone and everything.

Would you call mom?? I just know that people are trying to get things done at work before the holiday but I just don't know what to do.

I just don't know if I should just deal with it today and tomorrow b/c everyone else is pretty much sick anyway or if I should call her.

What do you guys think??

Has he turned 2? If so call mom and see if you u can give a teaspoon of honey. It helps.

Comment

He's almost 3. I was thinking the same thing too b/c that's what I do with my own kids.

Comment

Does he have allergies or uncontrolled asthma? My one son has asthma & a cough can be a signal that his asthma is not under control. Once we begin his preventative treatments the cough subsides.

I agree with trying the honey. Hope it helps!

Comment

any update on this little one?? honey help?

Comment

The honey did wonders. I use it religiously with my kids so don't know why I didn't think of that first thing. Thanks so much!! I gave him a bit more before nap and he's now resting peacefully.

Comment

YEAH!!!!!!

Im so glad,.. Hey you have a kid who will have a great nap, I have a 9 week old whose belly is full,.. looks like a great afternoon!!

Originally posted by SunflowerMama View Post
              The honey did wonders. I use it religiously with my kids so don't know why I didn't think of that first thing. Thanks so much!! I gave him a bit more before nap and he's now resting peacefully.

Comment

Coughing

YES......you should most defiantly call the Mom or parent. I have done home daycare for over 20 yrs and have dealt with this many times.Yes, every child gets a cold and the parent can't take time off for every little cold their child gets, but a continuous cough could be something serious, whooping cough, croup, and you need to look out for the other children in your care and yourself so you don't get sick. I do not take kids when they have a temp of 100 or higher,the flu, chicken pox, measles, extreme diarrhea or a continuous cough. I have to be concerned with not exposing the other kids to these and the parents all agree, that they don't want their child to catch anything if one of my kids is sick. They respect me for not taking a sick child and the parent of the sick child understands my rules. I think that parents of a sick child need to be more responsible and stay home with heir child when they are really sick....the child also needs their mommy or daddy to cuddle with them and make them feel better when they are sick. I hope this helps, but for sure call the parent when the child is really sick and have them come and get them and don't worry about them getting upset with you. After all, you have yourself and the other kids to think of.

Comment

Working...
                X