Has this Happened to Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's some info on searching with an image-

Your Google Apps keeps you in the know about the topics that interest you. Get timely updates and stories about your favorite sports teams, bands, movies, celebs, hobbies, and more, all in one place with the Google App.

It's fun to play around with, so even if you don't care to search their photo, you can just check it out.

Comment

Scam!!! Just like the guy who sent me a friend request here on the board who has NO posts. Yeah think I will pass!

Comment

Yup, scam!

I've had a lot of those emails where the people are in another country, but looking for care here, usually for a short period of time, like 3 weeks but will pay $600 for those 3 weeks.

I never responded them, getting the red flag right away. I wondered what the scam was...now I get it! Sending too much money then asking for it back...aha!

Comment

Looks like you have a live one on the line. I would notify the police. Its called wire fraud and could take on a federal twist if they are out of state.

In the United States, mail and wire fraud is any fraudulent scheme to intentionally deprive another of property or honest services via mail or wire communication. It has been a federal crime in the United States since 1872.

Comment

oh wow.... i thought of going to police, but unsure,,,, I would believe that the laws on fraud are very similar though here where I live....

I e-mailed her back stating that I could not accept them and that I wish them the best,,,,,,

will look into that link that katiescorner posted....

I am soooo scared know for at the time it did not even dawn on me the amount of info I gave to this person....

Thanks everyone...... :hug:

Comment

OMG OMG...........

I just used that site that katiescorners posted,,,,,

THE PIC IS NOT HER ,,,,,, ITS OF A MOTHER AND SON THAT PASSED AWAY IN A FIRE ....

IF ITS OK I WILL TRY AND POST THE LINK ....

Comment

I'M AM LITERATELY SHAKING AND IN TEARS,,,, HOW STUPID CAN I BE.....

SORRY EVERYONE....

A New Jersey mother in the middle of a custody dispute shut herself and her 3-year-old son inside a bedroom of their Scotch Plains home and lit the room on fire, killing them both, authorities say.…

Comment

Originally posted by mia View Post

SORRY EVERYONE....

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1224738
                  Please don't feel stupid, you didn't know! :hug:

Comment

Total scam

Now, people are doing it with PRODUCTS.

My friend tried to sell a kitten. This man said he REALLY wanted a kitten, and was sending a "certified" cashier's check and that he would have someone pick up the kitten on his behalf as he was in some other state.

My friend said "Is this a scam?" and he said "NO" She didn't believe him and I told her that CASH ONLY on things like that unless she could verify funds, so she told him she would not cash til the funds could be validated thru the bank.

He insisted on getting this cat. So she told him to send the 'cashier's check' and he sent her $1200 (or something) but she was only asking $800.
                    She called him out on it and told him that the check was wrong, that she took it to his alleged bank (Either Capital one or another big one) and was unable to verify the check, so was not going to be doing business with him.

He freaked out! Told her to send his money or he'd kill her and her family and friends, torture, etc.

She said that she called the police, the confiscated the fraudulent check. IDk what the outcome will be probably not much, because it's so hard to trace these jerks. She had THREE different states (TX, VA and GA I believe) that allegedly the transaction was supposed to be from.

I said "NO CHECKS, LOCAL ONLY, CASH ONLY" That's it.

I've had a few child care ones, I just ignore those. If they aren't local, I don't even talk to them unless they call by phone, and if they call by phone and say they're military or something, they must not reserve a space, instead they take their chances to meet me when they get here.

Comment

Originally posted by mia View Post

SORRY EVERYONE....

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1224738

Awe, don't feel stupid! The previous poster is right, you didn't know. But you followed your gut and asked others opinions which in my book means you did the right thing

Comment

Wow, that is disgusting and I for one would turn them into the police and see if you can work with the police to catch them.

Using a picture like that is unspeakable! Ugh

Comment

Yup, everyone is right. I worked at a bank for 13 years before opening a daycare. It's called the cash back scheme. Same as others described it. Don't worry, they're typically only worried and concerned about getting cash from you. They are sick individuals. If they write to me like their from Nigeria, then I figure it's a scam. Same as the emails I get daily saying I've won a milliion dollars.

Comment

Update....

I called the police, they gave me a number to call regarding e-mail fraud.... The guy said that it was for sure a fraud e-mail.... and that it happens ALL the time.... and to just delete and not answer....

Have not heard anything since.....

THANK YOU ALL for the help...... It means a lot.....

Comment

Working...
                            X