Another "Organic/Healthy Only" DCM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "Organic/Healthy Only" DCM

So dcm has been explicit about how dcg only eats organic/natural everything. No dyes or artificial anything. No processed. You know the type. Heck, I know the type. I try to eat that way most of the time. But I don't claim to be perfect in my diet and I allow for treats. Hello Mc'D's fries ... yeah, I see you ... yum.

So after all of this past month (about how long dcg has been here) of constant reminding (which I didn't need, tyvm), dcm tells me on Tuesday that on Monday dcg has movie theatre buttered popcorn and a bag (a bag!) of Twizzlers.

Dcg gets a diaper rash and dcm is convinced it was because of the food. I dunno. I don't care, as long as it is being taken care of and I have something to treat it with. Then she says as she is leaving, "She won't want morning snack. She just finished a crossiant from Starbucks".

Okay, good to know. So once in a while if I slip and feed dcg something non-organic and/or it doesn't come from a field made of heavenly grass, she will survive.

Love it when they want you to treat their kid extra special so they can give them all crap .

Comment

I had to look at what state you were from to make sure you didn't get my dcm that was exactly like this! Parents wanted organic everything, I wasn't allowed to feed her meats because they only served her meat from a local farm share, organic snacks, vegetables, you name it! Boy was I surprised to see them at a local fair shoving the grossest, overly processed junk down their throats. Oh, and dcg was diagnosed with ftt- dcm told me they stuffed her with cookies and chocolate milk so she would weigh- in more Organic, apparently, only applied when I was paying money for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Thriftylady View Post
        Love it when they want you to treat their kid extra special so they can give them all crap .
        Exactly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shell View Post
          I had to look at what state you were from to make sure you didn't get my dcm that was exactly like this! Parents wanted organic everything, I wasn't allowed to feed her meats because they only served her meat from a local farm share, organic snacks, vegetables, you name it! Boy was I surprised to see them at a local fair shoving the grossest, overly processed junk down their throats. Oh, and dcg was diagnosed with ftt- dcm told me they stuffed her with cookies and chocolate milk so she would weigh- in more Organic, apparently, only applied when I was paying money for it!
          Yes, I am raising my prices for the next family who wants organic/healthy. I serve it 60-80% already, depending on the week. But really ... if you want to be a pita, then pay for it.

Comment

I had a mom like that, and I won't do it again. Because cheese & crackers are junk food just like potato chips, you know. So every afternoon dcb got these nasty organic special crackers he refused to eat. (i did morning snack as a protein/veggie or fruit, afternoons were always a milk & cracker of some sort) He would just leave the table, shoulders slouched and sad. I even stopped doing birthday treats for the other kids, because mom refused to let him have carrot cake, because sugar(gasp!). And I just couldn't do it, and then hand him nasty crackers as a replacement. Prior to this family,I used to do TGIF for afternoon snack...like animal crackers, vanilla wafers, pretzels with almond bark to dip, banana muffins (or cake if there was a bday that week).

Then I ran into them at Target, while super boy was drinking a freaking hot chocolate from Starbux. Really?! I termed. I couldn't be meanie daycare lady to him anymore. It is more than just food, it is the fellowship of sharing a meal, celebrations, & the occasional treat. He was also failure to thrive. But dcm would be irritated that I put a bit of salt & pepper on his steamed broccoli. She seasoned nothing at her house, b/c she didn't want him to only eat foods with sauces & stuff on it. Yeah, I would be failure to thrive if my mom dished up plain boiled chicken & broccoli, too.

Comment

Originally posted by midaycare View Post
              Yes, I am raising my prices for the next family who wants organic/healthy. I serve it 60-80% already, depending on the week. But really ... if you want to be a pita, then pay for it.
              That's what I started doing. I have an additional charge of $15 PER week for those children who's parents want an organic/natural diet.

Its amazing how many want this type of diet for their children....but ONLY when they are at your house. (Yes, DCM I see the McDonald's Happy Meal toys in your car every day )

ALL my parents wanted the organic/natural diet until I added the weekly fee...now only 1 mom wants it. Wonder why they changed their minds? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                That's what I started doing. I have an additional charge of $15 PER week for those children who's parents want an organic/natural diet.

Its amazing how many want this type of diet for their children....but ONLY when they are at your house. (Yes, DCM I see the McDonald's Happy Meal toys in your car every day )

ALL my parents wanted the organic/natural diet until I added the weekly fee...now only 1 mom wants it. Wonder why they changed their minds? :confused:
                I'm glad you posted what you charge. Next time I interview ... which should be soon ... that will be part of my handbook.

As for current dcg - dcm knows I only serve what I can find organic/healthy/non-processed. The insistence that I go above and beyond is about to fall on deaf ears, though.

Comment

Ugh... I hate that!! I haven't been blessed (haha) with one of those yet but honestly kids probably eat better here than they do at home. One DCB won't even eat at home, let alone eat veggies. He will down a pint of blueberries in one sitting though.

I have a DCM who insisted if I drove with her DCB that he sit rear-facing which is fine as I'm a big fan of extended rest facing. But then I saw dad loading up one day and neither parent has him rear-facing? :confused:

Comment

I charge $5 extra per week for organic milk.

Only one family took me up on that, the rest I buy regular milk (and pour most of THAT down the drain since it isn't chocolate)

Comment

Ha. This all goes along with the formula-fed baby whose parent wants the most expensive one, provided by me. But at home, they drink Wal-Mart brand.

Comment

Originally posted by SignMeUp View Post
                        Ha. This all goes along with the formula-fed baby whose parent wants the most expensive one, provided by me. But at home, they drink Wal-Mart brand.
                        It's the same with diapers.

They always bring me the generic ones but when I do the first diaper change of the day, I notice the Pampers Supreme on the kid.

I always wonder what the parents reasoning for this is...it isn't like I am going to put their diapers on anyone else. It's their kid they are shorting not mine. ::

Comment

They always bring me the generic ones but when I do the first diaper change of the day, I notice the Pampers Supreme on the kid.

I always wonder what the parents reasoning for this is...it isn't like I am going to put their diapers on anyone else. It's their kid they are shorting not mine. ::
                          The Pampers Supreme is probably just for show. At home they probably use generic too. Those are the "going out to show the Jones'" diapers.

Comment

Originally posted by midaycare View Post
                            The Pampers Supreme is probably just for show. At home they probably use generic too. Those are the "going out to show the Jones'" diapers.
                            ::::::

Comment

Or, they decide to use up the old size on daycare and keep the larger ones (you know, the ones they don't blow up out of the back ) for home.
                              I mean, sometimes I don't even mind. I use the small ones for awake time and the larger ones for nap, assuming they allow me some larger ones ::

Comment

Working...
                              X