The Red Tape Is Getting Too Thick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Red Tape Is Getting Too Thick

So I am going through my yearly renewal process. It really just keeps getting more and more ridiculous, especially considering that this is just a 1 person operation.

I now have to make myself a Mandatory Reporting Policy. I already have it in my Parent Handbook that I am a mandatory Reporter and will report suspected abuse or neglect. But now I have to have an actual policy that includes reporting forms, state definitions, questions to ask a child, do's and don'ts, that all info will be kept confidential, when the policy will be reviewed again.

I have also had to write myself a medication policy and a sleep policy. I mention those things in my handbook already. I am writing these policies for only myself to read! NO ONE but me will be following or using or even reading these policies.

When do they think I am going to get all this stuff notarized too? I think the "state" forgets that we have actual real children to watch.

I also love how we have to get all of our stuff in 3 months BEFORE our license expires and they threaten to not send our state paid checks or FP checks but then they take 4 months to get our license to us!

Okay....end of rant (until next year!)

Wow, that IS some serious tape. Notarized yearly? We only have a 3-yr renewal and there was NO notarizing.

Comment

We have to formulate a Grievance Policy, an Alcohol and Drug Policy, and a Maltreatment Policy. Then submit them to the county for approval. We have to have our license renewal notarized and they are supposed to be starting fingerprinting but not sure when.

Comment

This is exactly why I consider going unlicensed. I can have 5 non-related kids with no red tape of a license. (I just did my hoop jumping for my re-license last month, UGH!)

Comment

It may be because someone won a civil suit against a provider for reporting then having been proved false?

It will help protect you from being sued...

Same with the "No liability Insurance" waivers and posters some states require.

Believe me, no one is more frustrated with the constant demands but this one makes some sense. Maybe just cut and paste the entire section from the states website and add an addendum to the handbook you already have :confused:

Maybe it will even work like a parked (empty) police car on the side of the highway.... just seeing it causes people to check themselves.
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Somebody else put it on another post best- "better childcare through paperwork" ::

A "Sleep Policy"? What the heck is that? "When the child's eyes are closed, they're not moving, and they snore-they're asleep." was all that popped into my head.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveArmour View Post
              A "Sleep Policy"? What the heck is that?

Back to sleep. Safe Sleep. SIDS Prevention.
              - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                Back to sleep. Safe Sleep. SIDS Prevention.
                Thanks. I thought that right after I hit post. Should never type BC (before caffeine) .

Comment

Thanks. I thought that right after I hit post. Should never type BC (before caffeine) .
                  :::: I hear you!!

My crazy new one is providing a parent lending library... of toys, art supplies and books. At my expense, of course.

Breathe... just breathe Cat Herder... I love my job... I love my job... I lov....
                  Attached Files

Comment

As I see all these new regulations ( some crazy) it makes me think about the day I will turn in my license . I know that I will most likely have infants ( any child under 2 )taken off my lic , there are some regs that I just can't do .

Comment

Somebody else put it on another post best- "better childcare through paperwork" ::

Good luck.
                      How I love being remembered ::

Comment

Makes me so happy my state allows license-exempt homes. I don't think I'd do home daycare if I had to be licensed! (I follow most of the regulations but I wouldn't want all the red-tape and ridiculous regulations like some of you guys have. Paying to provide things for parents to take home? Only if I get some sort of reimbursement- I don't make enough for all of that)

Bless you ladies for all the extras you have to do!

Comment

Originally posted by spinnymarie View Post
                          Wow, that IS some serious tape. Notarized yearly? We only have a 3-yr renewal and there was NO notarizing.
                          Every time I renew I have to have a form saying I don't owe child support notarized. Nothing else, but that:confused:

I don't understand it at all - has nothing to do with health and safety of the dc kids, and if I say I don't and they find out I do I'm in trouble anyway - why do I have to take the time to get it notarized? :confused: Bizarre.

Comment

If my state asked for as many asnine things as some other states is go unregistered in a minute (legal here). We only have a couple of regs that bug me but if they added more I just couldn't do it. The more things I hear like this makes me think our future looks like the movie Idiocracy.

Comment

All of this "red tape" is a subtle way to push FCC providers out of business??? :confused: I just don't get it.....BUT IT IS HAPPENING!...

Comment

Working...
                              X