Playdough Scents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playdough Scents

I may be going a little nuts finding fragrance oils on Amazon to buy to make scented playdough....but...but..$2.85/bottle.... I CAN"T RESIST.

Actually I can't resist most anything curriculum-ish. I'm an addict. I must be stopped. ::happyface

(And yes, I know I could scent using spices and kool-aid/jello, etc, but I'm being picky and wanting the ease of oils)
    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Is it weird that I love the smell of actual Play-doh?? LOL.

Comment

I made the mistake of making peppermint scented play doh for my dck's as a Christmas gift.

They thought it was the yummiest.::

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynM View Post
        :: My own kids rarely got to play with real Play-doh because the smell made my husband literally gag.

We always did the home made stuff for that reason.

Comment

Me too..!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
            I may be going a little nuts finding fragrance oils on Amazon to buy to make scented playdough....but...but..$2.85/bottle.... I CAN"T RESIST.

Actually I can't resist most anything curriculum-ish. I'm an addict. I must be stopped. ::happyface

(And yes, I know I could scent using spices and kool-aid/jello, etc, but I'm being picky and wanting the ease of oils)
            Do you have a good recipe that you wouldn't mind sharing? I've tried a couple that I have found on the internet, but I swear that they never turn out!

Comment

I too would love a recipe for play dough
              I have made it before and it was always dry and chalky

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                :: My own kids rarely got to play with real Play-doh because the smell made my husband literally gag.

We always did the home made stuff for that reason.
                It's funny I feel like I like the smell of things from my childhood. I love the smell of Vicks vapor rub. LOVE IT! My husband hates the smell! LOL. I was also the kid that was smelling rubber cement and loved going to the gas station (when there was leaded gas). Luckily I didn't ever over sniff these things, but I'm sure it killed a few brain cells...::

Comment

It's funny I feel like I like the smell of things from my childhood. I love the smell of Vicks vapor rub. LOVE IT! My husband hates the smell! LOL. I was also the kid that was smelling rubber cement and loved going to the gas station (when there was leaded gas). Luckily I didn't ever over sniff these things, but I'm sure it killed a few brain cells...::
                  :: :: that is too funny...

When I was typing the earlier reply about my DH hating the smell of Play-doh, I was going to add that I shouldn't judge him for it because I LOVE the smell of gas. (Glad to see I am not the only one)

I also love the smell of Vicks.

and Pinesol
                  and crayons (especially new ones)
                  and the smell of 35 mm film (you know before digital cameras). ::

Comment

Originally posted by Jazminsdaycare View Post
                    I too would love a recipe for play dough
                    I have made it before and it was always dry and chalky
                    Here is a fun site with tons of different play-doh recipes

Comment

Thank you
                      happyface

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
                        I made the mistake of making peppermint scented play doh for my dck's as a Christmas gift.

They thought it was the yummiest.::
                        That's why I don't do scents!

Laurel

Comment

Originally posted by melilley View Post
                          Do you have a good recipe that you wouldn't mind sharing? I've tried a couple that I have found on the internet, but I swear that they never turn out!
                          I like this one. Been using it for years.

Play Dough

1 cup flour
                          1 cup warm water
                          2 teaspoons cream of tartar
                          1 teaspoon cooking oil
                          1/4 cup salt
                          food coloring

Mix all ingredients, adding food coloring last. Stir over medium heat until smooth. (doesn't take long) Place in plastic bag or airtight container when cooled. Will last for a long time.

Nothing like the warm dough. Feels great. I just recently made two batches. One with each grandchild.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurel View Post
                            I like this one. Been using it for years.

Play Dough

1 cup flour
                            1 cup warm water
                            2 teaspoons cream of tartar
                            1 teaspoon cooking oil
                            1/4 cup salt
                            food coloring

Mix all ingredients, adding food coloring last. Stir over medium heat until smooth. (doesn't take long) Place in plastic bag or airtight container when cooled. Will last for a long time.

Nothing like the warm dough. Feels great. I just recently made two batches. One with each grandchild.
                            This is the recipe I use and it stays so soft for a really long time. I like to add spices to mine - like gingerbread in December, pumpkin spice in October, etc. I haven't tried the oils yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                              :: :: that is too funny...

When I was typing the earlier reply about my DH hating the smell of Play-doh, I was going to add that I shouldn't judge him for it because I LOVE the smell of gas. (Glad to see I am not the only one)

I also love the smell of Vicks.

and Pinesol
                              and crayons (especially new ones)
                              and the smell of 35 mm film (you know before digital cameras). ::
                              I love the smell of dust. Good thing considering I live in the desert! Oh and chalk too!

Comment

Working...
                              X