Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raising My Rate For Existing Families - NERVOUS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Controlled Chaos View Post
    I just have to say how much I appreciate all of your virtual support. Handing out the contracts today was a NIGHTMARE! I had a neighbor with a medical emergency. Paramedics called on Grandma who forgot her insulin who was babysitting her 3 grandbabies. I took the 3 little ones so the paramedics and sick gram didn't scare them, until their parents could get there. So as I am handing out these packets with handbooks, new contracts etc. I am 2 over ratio with a one year old who doesn't really know me screaming...it was horrible! I have never gone over ratio before but those babies needed somewhere safe to be. My family I have had for nearly 3 years looked so annoyed about the new contract, but I stuck to my guns because I knew you ladies supported me. I don't think they will leave but they sure are pissed to know they are paying for that week long vacation they just told me they are taking next month. :hug: Thanks ladies.
    For whatever reason, parents have a hard time paying for child care.

An even harder time when rates are raised.

Yet, they rarely complain when the cost of a Happy Meal rises every single year.

Just stand your ground and KNOW that you ARE worth every penny you charge.

You obviously put the needs of kids first (which is evident in your situation with the neighbor) and if parents can't see that you genuinely care about their children and provide quality care, then they aren't the type of clients you really want.

You want clients that respect what you do and realize they ARE paying for what they get.

It'll be okay.

Plus notifying parents of changes gets easier and easier every time.

Comment

Working...
    X