How 'early' do you let parents come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cheerfuldom View Post
    No way would I do an extra 30 minutes every day....thats 2.5 hours a week you are doing for free! 10 hours free a month. so you are giving them a free day every month, 12 free days a year. When you look at it that way, I would charge or refuse them until 8. I dont care if they sit in the car in the drive for 30 minutes.
    She currently only comes 2 days per week, just for half days. But during the school year, it will be 4-5 days. I think I am going to make a new handbook, and stress the 'drop off' time, as everyone is always really prompt with pick up. We didn't use to have a routine, so time didn't matter to me. But now, we have a STRICT routine since I have 4 littles, and every minute matters to me. So I need my mornings to run smoothly. I also make sure I am not changing a diaper, feeding a baby, or doing something important when drop off times occur, so I don't like when someone comes 10-15 mins early, or 10-15 late, because I'm usually onto another project by then.

Comment

Originally posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
      She currently only comes 2 days per week, just for half days. But during the school year, it will be 4-5 days. I think I am going to make a new handbook, and stress the 'drop off' time, as everyone is always really prompt with pick up. We didn't use to have a routine, so time didn't matter to me. But now, we have a STRICT routine since I have 4 littles, and every minute matters to me. So I need my mornings to run smoothly. I also make sure I am not changing a diaper, feeding a baby, or doing something important when drop off times occur, so I don't like when someone comes 10-15 mins early, or 10-15 late, because I'm usually onto another project by then.
      Have you straight up asked her yet about why she is arriving so much earlier than planned?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
        Have you straight up asked her yet about why she is arriving so much earlier than planned?
        This.

"Hey Susan, your drop off time is 8am and I noticed you've been dropping off early regularly ... sometimes almost 30 minutes. Would you like to change your deop off time to 7:30am instead? No? Are you sure? Okay, then I just either need you to stick to your 8am drop off time or let me know in advance if you need any early drop offs so I know what to bill you for the week."

Comment

Originally posted by MV View Post
          This.

"Hey Susan, your drop off time is 8am and I noticed you've been dropping off early regularly ... sometimes almost 30 minutes. Would you like to change your deop off time to 7:30am instead? No? Are you sure? Okay, then I just either need you to stick to your 8am drop off time or let me know in advance if you need any early drop offs so I know what to bill you for the week."
          And then have her sign a new contract and bill her for the time.

That's an additional 2.5ish hours a week, 10ish hours a month, 120ish hours a year. Would you donate 2.5 WEEKS of pay for free?!

Comment

My least favorite part of the day is the morning... I despise having to get out of bed

Unless I have someone scheduled before 7, my door doesn't unlock until 7 on the dot. I had a former dcm who was scheduled at 6:15, but would show up at 6. I just let her knock. Not my problemo. She eventually got the hint... I wasn't even about to waste my breath on explaining it to her as I had already told her at the interview that I do not allow it ever ever ever.

IMO, if they're not paying for an early drop-off WITH prior approval from you, then they don't get that service.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post

That's an additional 2.5ish hours a week, 10ish hours a month, 120ish hours a year. Would you donate 2.5 WEEKS of pay for free?!
              This I don't charge hourly but my "first parents" know they will be dropping off first and that I plan on them being here at a certain time. I usually allow 5 min before in my brain to be ready by. There is a big difference in my 6:30 parent (shift work dh so I don't have them every day) and my next one right now is 8:30.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post

Exactly, some parents need to see these numbers because they don't seem to realize how fast that extra free time adds up!

Comment

Seven. Though it says 6-6, none of the kids need to come that early. Unless of course you are my niece and you think you can come at 5... good thing I love her.
                  "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
                  Acts 13:22

Comment

Originally posted by MV View Post
                    This.

I like this! I wasn't sure how to say it without sounding totally rude.

It was her first week back after being gone for 2 mos (summer break). And it was starting to happen before she left, but I was hoping it would change. 1st day back, 7:42 instead of 8:00. Today was fine, though, at just 5 minutes early. Next week, I will wait to see if it happens again, and if so, I will ask her about it then. Or I may email her now since I am doing new schedule changes for parents in school, and ask her what her 'real' start time is, and she what she says.

Comment

For my first family, not even a minute early. I am not a morning person AT ALL. For my later starts I would be ok with 5 minutes early.

Comment

Working...
                      X