Another Infant Death In Hot Car :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Infant Death In Hot Car :(

A 10 month old in Wichita was left in a hot car with windows up for two hours in 90 degree weather, by her foster father who had just picked her up from a "babysitter".

How sad. I cannot believe how common this has become. The poor baby to be forgotten in a hot car.

Comment

Damn and by a Foster father; I'm guessing any other kids willl be removed from the home ASAP

Comment

Just makes me cry.

Comment

Oh no... Bless this baby...

Comment

Before it was illegal to leave kids in cars, you NEVER heard of this happening. Now that it's ILLEGAL.... it's a weekly occurance.

People have become quite careless and lack basic common sense!

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
              Before it was illegal to leave kids in cars, you NEVER heard of this happening. Now that it's ILLEGAL.... it's a weekly occurance.

People have become quite careless and lack basic common sense!
              I agree.

Or it's purposeful. You know, like for attention...I'm really starting to believe that these "accidents" are not really accidents OR coincidences.

Comment

I can only imagine that because it sounds like this baby's older siblings were not present that day, that the foster dad forgot he had the youngest sibling
                And honestly, I could not help but think of the Ray-ray pledge, and how someone could decide that this could also be applied here -- providers calling families after they get home to be sure they remembered to take their children out of the car.

Comment

I live about a half an hour from Wichita. So sad

Comment

Originally posted by SignMeUp View Post
                    I can only imagine that because it sounds like this baby's older siblings were not present that day, that the foster dad forgot he had the youngest sibling
                    And honestly, I could not help but think of the Ray-ray pledge, and how someone could decide that this could also be applied here -- providers calling families after they get home to be sure they remembered to take their children out of the car.
                    I heard that he thought the baby was in another part of the home playing for over two hours with two older children... so for over 2 hours he didn't think to check on the baby. I hope it truly was an accident, but it makes me wonder how well the children were really taken care of if it's normal not to check on the infant for hours at a time. He's been arrested, so I guess the state sees this as a bit more than a terrible mistake, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by craftymissbeth View Post
                      I heard that he thought the baby was in another part of the home playing for over two hours with two older children... so for over 2 hours he didn't think to check on the baby. I hope it truly was an accident, but it makes me wonder how well the children were really taken care of if it's normal not to check on the infant for hours at a time. He's been arrested, so I guess the state sees this as a bit more than a terrible mistake, as well.
                      I heard that too, that he thought "the kids" were playing elsewhere. But WHO leaves a 10 month old to play with the kids "elsewhere".

Comment

Originally posted by SignMeUp View Post
                        I heard that too, that he thought "the kids" were playing elsewhere. But WHO leaves a 10 month old to play with the kids "elsewhere".
                        Exactly!

Comment

He was just charged with 1st degree murder today

Apparently he got the 5 year old out of the car, but left the baby :confused:

Comment

Did he forget the baby was in there? Was he that distracted? Was the baby awake? Did he walk in the house with the 5 yo and immediately get involved with something else? Why didn't he take the baby out when he took the 5 yo out? They had lots of kids; maybe the infant was in a different row of seats(like in a minivan or something)and didn't see him. I'm just trying to make some sense out of a completely senseless tragedy. Poor defenseless babies.

I wonder if we'll ever really know what happens in all these cases. There's not usually a witness. They must know something to charge him with 1st degree murder.
                            So so so sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
                              Did he forget the baby was in there? Was he that distracted? Was the baby awake? Did he walk in the house with the 5 yo and immediately get involved with something else? Why didn't he take the baby out when he took the 5 yo out? They had lots of kids; maybe the infant was in a different row of seats(like in a minivan or something)and didn't see him. I'm just trying to make some sense out of a completely senseless tragedy. Poor defenseless babies.

I wonder if we'll ever really know what happens in all these cases. There's not usually a witness. They must know something to charge him with 1st degree murder.So so so sad.
                              He's a foster parent.

I bet if he were the parent, he wouldn't be held nearly as accountable.

Comment

Working...
                              X