Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Turn Unlicensed Providers In?

In my state you cannot care for even one unrelated child in your home, EVER, without being licensed.

I keep coming across mother posting on care and craigslist for unlicensed home daycare. My business has been suffering due to a lull in interest, but these woman are charging 30-50% less per day than licensed home daycares.

I'm so tempted to send screenshots of the ads to my licensor. I know my state has been cracking down on unlicensed providers for some time now.

WWYD?

yep.

without regret.

NOT because I was hurting for clients but because it is simply wrong.

To me, it isn't any different than turning in poachers or thieves.

Comment

Yep!

I also flag them on CL

Comment

yes! if it is illegal I absolutely would.

Comment

Yes I would and I have.

Comment

Originally posted by aDCProvider View Post
            In my state you cannot care for even one unrelated child in your home, EVER, without being licensed.

I keep coming across mother posting on care and craigslist for unlicensed home daycare. My business has been suffering due to a lull in interest, but these woman are charging 30-50% less per day than licensed home daycares.

I'm so tempted to send screenshots of the ads to my licensor. I know my state has been cracking down on unlicensed providers for some time now.

WWYD?
            See in my state it's legal, however I have been a licensed provider in states where it's not... if it's considered illegal in your particular state, YES; In states where you can run legally license exempt with a few kids, NO

Comment

I wish they cracked down around here . I see so many ads where they say upfront that they are unlicensed . All people doing child care , even 1 child must be licensed.

I have flagged ads . And i plan to ask during my next inspection what they are doing to stop unlicensed daycare .

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
                Yep!

I also flag them on CL
                You can take up to3 kids unlicensed in Wisconsin unless law changed in the last few years... why flag them?

Comment

Originally posted by LysesKids View Post
                  You can take up to3 kids unlicensed in Wisconsin unless law changed in the last few years... why flag them?
                  The OP said he's in a state where it's illegal. The person you quoted is in WI which has nothing to do with the OP. You flag it because it's illegal for them to be operating.

Comment

Originally posted by TwinKristi View Post
                    The OP said he's in a state where it's illegal. The person you quoted is in WI which has nothing to do with the OP. You flag it because it's illegal for them to be operating.
                    The lady in WI says she flags too that's why I questioned it... WI law says you can watch 3 kids without a license, so why is she flagging CL ads ?

Comment

If it's illegal, then yup, definitely.

Comment

Yep. And I flag.

Comment

If it was illegal, without thinking twice.

Comment

Originally posted by LysesKids View Post
                            Oh...I don't flag legally exempt.

I flag the lady and her (grown) daughter who advertise that they do daycare 24 hours a day, and put right in their ad "we don't take state funding and we don't do tax-time claiming". uh.. yeah...

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
                              Oh...I don't flag legally exempt.

I flag the lady and her (grown) daughter who advertise that they do daycare 24 hours a day, and put right in their ad "we don't take state funding and we don't do tax-time claiming". uh.. yeah...
                              I understand that so much. We have CL ads saying we will beat any rates on CL; they are asking for a heap of trouble license exempt or not, because I've seen offers for 60 week locally. It's crazy because I know I can get 125-135 week as a license exempt (I do organics) ; I also claim taxes and am on the food program...

Comment

Working...
                              X