My Daughter Replied to One of Those Email Scams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Daughter Replied to One of Those Email Scams

And gave them her information . She put a profile up on care.com. She's only 18 and is looking for a partime job while going to college. Anyways she sent me a text asking what I thought about the email she recieved. Right away I knew it was a scam so I texted her back and told her not to reply. We'll she did before she sent me the text. She gave her phone number and our complete address but nothing else. Now I'm panicking someone is going to come knocking on our door and kidnap her ( I know I'm being extreme) but why else do they want the address for? My daughter lives with us and she is at freinds house sleeping over which is why she texted me instead of waiting till she got back home tomorrow.

So I'm a little concern now. Should we be worried? Or is this scam to try and steal her identity?

TIA

I would be interested in seeing the original email. send it to [email protected]
    Can you redirect the original or forward it to me?

Comment

I was thinking you should contact care.com at a minimum and let them know about the scam so they can look into it and delete the account associated with this person. I would also consider filing a police report just to have something on record. I don't understand why the person would ask for her address if she was planning on going to a house for sitting? I wouldn't freak out too much, because of this is the only info the person has, it's common information anyone could get from the white pages or a google search. It does seem fishy, but
      maybe Michael knows more about what to do?

Comment

Hi Michael!

Yes! as soon as my daughter forwards it to me I will send it to you.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X