Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rayray

Rayrays parents are on cnn right now.

Is that the story about the boy who was in the basement?

Comment

Originally posted by midaycare View Post
      Is that the story about the boy who was in the basement?
      It's the one where the dad left the girl in the car... There was a thread about it recently. Rayrays pledge. I think the parents want it to be mandatory for daycare workers to call if a child doesn't show up on time.

Comment

This was the earlier thread: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72234

Comment

I text everyone who hasn't arrived by 9 to make sure everything is ok. I started doing this years ago after another child lost their life after being left in a car.

Comment

Originally posted by jenboo View Post
            It's the one where the dad left the girl in the car... There was a thread about it recently. Rayrays pledge. I think the parents want it to be mandatory for daycare workers to call if a child doesn't show up on time.
            I'm getting my news mixed up! I can see both sides of it, but I sure don't want to be held responsible for manslaughter if I forget to call.

Comment

I can't find anything about this on cnn's website.

Comment

They were on for a short segment. They told their story. Showed their website. No blame was placed. I did not hear anything about dcps pledging to call, just a parental pledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  They were on for a short segment. They told their story. Showed their website. No blame was placed. I did not hear anything about dcps pledging to call, just a parental pledge.
                  The whole point of Ray Ray's Pledge IS for teachers and providers to call if the child is absent or doesnt show up.

Cavaliero and his wife want to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else, so they started Ray Ray's Pledge.

"It's a dual commitment to safety surrounding that drop off time between parents and teachers at the childcare center where the parent will call if the child is going to be late or absent for any reason but should a child not arrive on time that parent will call one or both parents immediately to determine that child's whereabouts," said Ray Ray's mom

Comment

I won't be signing that. I would rather see a pledge where family and friends call daily to check with parents to make sure the parent dropped off.
                    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                      I won't be signing that. I would rather see a pledge where family and friends call daily to check with parents to make sure the parent dropped off.
                      I hate how they say "Forgotten daycare drop offs is the #1 source of child hot car deaths"...how does that NOT imply the child care plays a role in this?!?!?

Comment

I really don't want that responsibility put on me. I am responsible when the ARE here rather than when they aren't. Mom should be texting dad to see if baby made it to DC.

ps..., When I do text a parent to see where little XX is, sometimes it takes hours for them to reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                          I hate how they say "Forgotten daycare drop offs is the #1 source of child hot car deaths"...how does that NOT imply the child care plays a role in this?!?!?
                          The number #1 source/cause is parent's inattentiveness unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by coolconfidentme View Post
                            The number #1 source/cause is parent's inattentiveness unfortunately.
                            Absolutely. This is frightening. I can't imagine being legally responsible for our dcks when they are not even in our care!

Comment

Working...
                            X