Trampoline use - against WA codes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trampoline use - against WA codes.

We have an outside rule regarding trampolines that prohibits us from having one. I actually have to get rid of mine (it's old and probably dangerous anyway) but its just one of those small one-person ones. I like having it, and would like to get this one to replace it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/111346856239?lpid=82 but for indoor use only. Washington weather keeps us in for the majority of the day when it's not summer time, so I need to come up with some things for the kids to get rid of excess energy when we're cooped up. This thing is so adorable I want it bad. I wonder if the rule only applies to outside trampolines...? It is obviously made for young children. Also, if I find out I can actually get one I wonder if there is a better quality one because I read a review about after a couple weeks the light blue foam started splitting... Anyone else have the no trampoline code but have an indoor one?

WAC 170-296A-5050
    Agency filings affecting this section
    Bouncing equipment prohibited.

The licensee must not use or allow the use of bouncing equipment including, but not limited to, trampolines, rebounders and inflatable equipment. This requirement does not apply to bounce balls with or without handles for use by individual children.

OUTDOOR ENVIRONMENT

170-296A-4925
    Licensed outdoor space.
    170-296A-4950
    Rails on platforms, decks, and stairs.
    170-296A-5000
    Play equipment.
    170-296A-5025
    Outdoor physical activities.
    170-296A-5050
    Bouncing equipment prohibited.

170-296A-5075
    Playground equipment—Ground cover—Fall zones.
    170-296A-5125
    Daily outdoor activity.

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that NO child under age 5 use a trampoline.

I would NEVER risk it. No matter how small or safe the trampoline appears to be.

Also many products "made for kids' are appealing but not necessarily safe just because the intended user is a child...kwim?

Google trampolines and kids and you will see how dangerous they are and can be.

Comment

In Kansas, we aren't allowed any type of trampoline. Doesn't matter size or inside/outside. They are all banned.

Comment

Originally posted by KSDC View Post
        In Kansas, we aren't allowed any type of trampoline. Doesn't matter size or inside/outside. They are all banned.
        Same here in TN!

Comment

None allowed here in MD either .

Readinv your regs I would think even small inside ones are a no-no since it says "all bouncing equipment " .

Comment

Thanks ladies! You are definitely right, the children's safety means way more than having a stupid trampoline. I shall find other energy burning equipment

Comment

Originally posted by tehck_1013 View Post
              Thanks ladies! You are definitely right, the children's safety means way more than having a stupid trampoline. I shall find other energy burning equipment
              What about those hopping balls or toys? I have a couple shaped like dogs and one shaped like a pony.

Comment

You have to get rid of it?

I have a small child one that is less than a foot off the ground for my own kids to use.

I can not use it for daycare. It has to have an enclosure around it that locks. It has the netting with a zipper that has a lock on it so no one can get in.

I would not use it for daycare even if I were allowed

Comment

Working...
                X