No announcement yet.

Raising Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's what I've done (because I'm a big chicken when it comes to possibly offending someone or having them ask confrontational questions!! LOL)

I type up a notice "as if " it's going to everyone. I put something along the lines of: "Dear Parents: There will be a rate increase effective ________. Your new rate is written below."

I print it out, then write in their new amount as if everyone got the notice and had a handwritten amount filled in on the blank line. Then I pencil the family's last name up in a corner - again, as if everyone got the notice with their name penciled in for delivery purposes.

I think what I might do in your situation is to raise them $10 now, and $10 next January. That way, you're making back your $20, but it just looks more natural. As if you had rate increases every 6 months.

That's just me though. ::

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      Here's what I've done (because I'm a big chicken when it comes to possibly offending someone or having them ask confrontational questions!! LOL)

I type up a notice "as if " it's going to everyone. I put something along the lines of: "Dear Parents: There will be a rate increase effective ________. Your new rate is written below."

I print it out, then write in their new amount as if everyone got the notice and had a handwritten amount filled in on the blank line. Then I pencil the family's last name up in a corner - again, as if everyone got the notice with their name penciled in for delivery purposes.

I think what I might do in your situation is to raise them $10 now, and $10 next January. That way, you're making back your $20, but it just looks more natural. As if you had rate increases every 6 months.

That's just me though. ::
      This is what I will do! I hate conflict also so this will be perfect!

Comment

Honestly I would just "rip off the bandaid" now...just let them know you are no longer offering sibling discounts. I think that is much better than 2 rate increases in 6 months. You could still implement a pay scale like BC mentioned-they could save that money by using less hours.

Comment

Holy smokes I never considered raising my rates for just one problem family! LOL... That's genius!!

Comment

Working...
          X