Mice/Rats? Ewwwww

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mice/Rats? Ewwwww

I overheard a daycare worker whispering something about mice/rats in the daycare.
    Doesn't licensing have any codes regarding sanitation/health regulations??? :confused:

Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum Candyland!

Comment

I have mice in my home - but I live in the country. I just got 2 cats so that should end that pretty quick.
      I've also worked in some of the most sanitary restaurants in my area and they all had mice.
      The rats would totally EWE me out - but I don't know much about them.
      Mice? are NOT a sign of being unsanitary.

Comment

We live in an old house, with 4 kids, a daycare of crumb droppers and a lazy dog. I clean as much as I can but when it gets cold..... We get a couple mice. I wipe everything daily, use plastic lidded containers, and trap them. Takes a couple days to get them. I don't make a big deal of it, I don't think I'm dirty. I just think it's part of winter.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome; I am enjoying this forum already!

Regarding mice/rats in places; yes, I know it's not a sign of uncleanliness as those critters can pop up anywhere...so, I guess my question really is...what is the daycare doing about it??? Are they doing anything?
          I should approach the daycare head, shouldn't I?
          ok; I guess I have my answer. Thank you for hearing me out.

Comment

Mice and rats are unfortunately a part of life whether you're in the country or the city. My cat went and started catching moles, mice, and a couple rats even and we live in a suburban neighborhood this summer. He caught them all outside, but there are obviously quite a few around here.

You should definitely ask the daycare head what they're doing; they're probably taking care of it appropriately and if not, contact licensing.
            Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

i have mice around the house (around - not inside so far!) bc i have a field so i guess they're "field mice" and i wasn't aware of it until my dog tried to bring one in! ugh - i shiver thinking about it!

i worked for a large center one time and i saw a roach in the kitchen. come to find out, it wasn't uncommon. disgusting! they did have an exterminator that came on a regular basis, and i have to say - everyone was good about keeping everything really clean. i believe they came from the kids clothing/backpacks, etc., and they're hard to get rid of. i also believe the daycare was CHEAP and paid the cheapest exterminator they could find or the problem would've been solved.

i moved into a rental house once and it was a really nice home, but the ppl that lived there before were disgusting. part of my agreement was that i'd clean the house from the old tenants instead of paying $1000 deposit - yes, it was THAT bad. i found roaches....lots of roaches! it was a little late to back out bc my old landlord had a new tenant lined up and i REALLY wanted to move. i made the new landlord hire an exterminator. they had a guarantee that there would be NO bugs in 3 months tops. i was skeptical and it was a squirmy couple of months....but after the 3rd month, i never saw another one and i lived there for 2 years. they had the same policy for mice, but i didn't have that problem. so, based on experience, i think if you shell out the cash, you can solve the problem - and a daycare center DEF. needs to take care of that problem!

Comment

Working...
              X