Help With a Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With a Name

I need help with a name. I have some ideas that I list below but open for other ideas. I like the names but I do not love any of them.
    I also do not want one that is too popular.

little bugs
    TLCare
    VIP care
    VIP Kids
    Lil Tots
    Lil Tykes or Little Tykes
    Rainbow Care
    Creative kids
    Lil Lambs
    Rubber Ducky
    Itsy Bitsy

Is there a certain theme that you want to go for?

I like all of the names but I'm not sure which one to pick either. What's your daycare like? Are you taking all ages? Christian based?

Comment

Originally posted by 284878 View Post
      I need help with a name. I have some ideas that I list below but open for other ideas. I like the names but I do not love any of them.

little bugs
      TLCare
      VIP care
      VIP Kids
      Lil Tots
      Rainbow Care
      Creative kids
      Lil Lambs
      Rubber Ducky
      Itsy Bitsy
      Out of all of these, I would only pick creative kids but that's a more popular name in my area. I personally like more professional names vs cutesy.

Do you plan on putting something after the name like home daycare or family childcare or learning academy or something?

Comment

Originally posted by CedarCreek View Post
        Is there a certain theme that you want to go for?

I like all of the names but I'm not sure which one to pick either. What's your daycare like? Are you taking all ages? Christian based?
        Good questions. I have not open yet, orientation is next week so I am preparing the ad.

Not sure on the theme, normal it would be easier to decide. I at first was going to use "Kid Kare" but I not liking the misspelling. I have a picture of a sunny day with a rainbow and playground that I would like to use. I do not have set age group since I am on a road with more than one school district, I thought I may attract school age kids and younger siblings. I am a Christian, however I am not set on using that in the name.

Comment

Originally posted by jenboo View Post
          Out of all of these, I would only pick creative kids but that's a more popular name in my area. I personally like more professional names vs cutesy.

Do you plan on putting something after the name like home daycare or family childcare or learning academy or something?
          Thanks

I was kind of thinking of the name like a first name and adding day care or child care .... or what ever flowed best with it.

Comment

little bugs
            TLCare
            VIP care
            VIP Kids
            Lil Tots
            Rainbow Care
            Creative kids
            Lil Lambs
            Rubber Ducky
            Itsy Bitsy
            Preschool! Childcare? Learning Center? If you want SA I would not go too cutsie. I think I'd go with Creative Kids Preschool. If you are also taking babies maybe Creative Kids Learning Center.

Comment

little bugs
              TLCare
              VIP care
              VIP Kids
              Lil Tots
              Rainbow Care
              Creative kids
              Lil Lambs
              Rubber Ducky
              Itsy Bitsy
              I don't like anything with "little" in the name because it is WAY over used. This will not set you apart in any way. To be honest, TLC and VIP are a little odd to me as well. Rubber Ducky and Itsy Bitsy are too cutesy for me but at least they dont have "little" in the title.

So that leaves Rainbow Care or Creative Kids. Both are these are a bit plain but still, less common. Do you provide a curriculum? You can add Learning Center, Academy, School or Play School to either Rainbow/Creative. Do you have anything else that sets you apart......for instance, if you do babies and toddlers only, you might Nursery School.

Comment

I'm just M's Family Childcare.

Once you pick a name, I think you have to make sure that no one else in your state has that same name and register it, or down the road you may have to change it. I could be wrong, but something to look into.

If I had to pick one of your choices, I would pick Creative Kids and put childcare or daycare or whatever after it.

Comment

If you want to use the picture with the sunny day and the rainbow, you could go with Sunny Days Childcare.

Or if you want more professional, you could do like the others have said and just use your name with childcare on the end.

Comment

I'm sorry... I don't like any of them. I went for originality and it did take me about a month to come up with mine. I threw around things like an anagram of my own kids names, common childcare names in a different language, I loved the term play care even tho I didn't end up using that one. Maybe rainbow play care?

Comment

Originally posted by CedarCreek View Post
                      If you want to use the picture with the sunny day and the rainbow, you could go with Sunny Days Childcare.

Or if you want more professional, you could do like the others have said and just use your name with childcare on the end.
                      I was thinking something similar. Sunny day play care

Comment

Originally posted by Wednesday View Post
                        I'm sorry... I don't like any of them. I went for originality and it did take me about a month to come up with mine. I threw around things like an anagram of my own kids names, common childcare names in a different language, I loved the term play care even tho I didn't end up using that one. Maybe rainbow play care?
                        Thank you, I am liking all the feedback I am getting. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I tend to like the originality too, I have been working on this for awhile also. I have tried the same things as Wednesday mentioned. I do also like the play care idea.

Comment

I had a running list. I wrote down the names of animals/flowers/concepts that I liked in one column (for me, it was owls, dragonflies, the earth/nature, anagrams of my own kids names), childcare terms in another (mine were play care, nursery, Preschool, day school), words that refer to children (like kinder) in another, etc. When I couldn't think of anything else to add, I started mashing up the columns to form different possibilities.

Comment

Good questions. I have not open yet, orientation is next week so I am preparing the ad.

Not sure on the theme, normal it would be easier to decide. I at first was going to use "Kid Kare" but I not liking the misspelling. I have a picture of a sunny day with a rainbow and playground that I would like to use. I do not have set age group since I am on a road with more than one school district, I thought I may attract school age kids and younger siblings. I am a Christian, however I am not set on using that in the name.
                            Sunny Days -- there you go!
                            Sunny Days Learning Center, Child Care, Enrichment Center,
                            I kinda like:
                            The Sunny Days Academy, or
                            Sunny Days Creative Learning or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by Wednesday View Post
                              I had a running list. I wrote down the names of animals/flowers/concepts that I liked in one column (for me, it was owls, dragonflies, the earth/nature, anagrams of my own kids names), childcare terms in another (mine were play care, nursery, Preschool, day school), words that refer to children (like kinder) in another, etc. When I couldn't think of anything else to add, I started mashing up the columns to form different possibilities.
                              Thank you, I will do that.

(Please note: I choose the picture for the rainbow and playground but thank you all for the sunny day idea)

Comment

Working...
                              X