Live in Nanny Refuses to Move Out, Threatens to Sue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live in Nanny Refuses to Move Out, Threatens to Sue

What the....??? Check this out. This lady is unhinged. I can't believe the cops are claiming that she basically has residential rights and they have to formally evict her..

Did they not check her references?! It sounds as if she has a history of lawsuits, odd behavior. It seems odd that someone would invite a person in their home without knowing the laws of their state... I mean, I feel bad for the family, but this is why you do your research.

Comment

aDCprovider, can you send a link of this article to your DC family that just termed to look for a nanny? ::

Comment

She’d be out of my house. That is all I am going to type….

Comment

Yes, I read this earlier. Be careful when you invite someone into your home. They can legally stay as long as they want.

(Note: That doesn't prevent you from pushing them out of your house and locking the door. If you tell the police you invited them in, then they will tell you to go to court. Now if you tell the police they came in forcefully without permission...end of story )

Comment

Originally posted by KidGrind View Post
            She’d be out of my house. That is all I am going to type….

Comment

They definitely need to start formal eviction proceedings.

I would give her a written statement saying that she was on her own as far as food. She would not be allowed to eat the families food. I would also see to it that someone was in my home 24/7. I would not leave my home unprotected.

I wonder if the family would get a restraining order stating that she has threatened the family and they are fearful for their children...........

Comment

What the entire heck...

"...wants the family out of the house from 8 am to 8 pm.."

The word is "batsh*t". I don't care what i had to do, she be beating the pavement.

Comment

And they are feeding her? I would literally empty the house of anything she could eat...lock food in a safe if they had to. She can only live so long without food.

Comment

Honestly, no judge in their right mind is going to let her back in a court room to sue again... so I'd just do what I needed to do

Comment

OMG crazy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MV View Post
                        aDCprovider, can you send a link of this article to your DC family that just termed to look for a nanny? ::
                        ::

Comment

Ummm...

Comment

I am assuming that this family did not conduct a back ground search on this woman. If they did, then they would have learned about her other violations and never hired her in the first place. Or am I missing something here..

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
                              I am assuming that this family did not conduct a back ground search on this woman. If they did, then they would have learned about her other violations and never hired her in the first place. Or am I missing something here..
                              I think even with a background check would not prevent anyone from setting up house in your home if invited in.

Comment

Working...
                              X