Weird Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Names

I just have to ask everyone...what are some of the weirdest names you have had in child care kids? I have a provider friend who recently enrolled a 3 year old named Cloud. (He is white so I don't think there is any culturally meaning behind it) and his brothers names are Tim and Matt. My own daughters name is Ryan so I used to get all sorts of funny looks from people. She is 22 now. In this day and age, you kind of have to wonder what people are thinking when they name their children. I had a DCB who is named Christopher. His real name is Jack. Imagine after learning to spell his whole name and realizing he could have gotten away with Jack all this time!?!? I've had a Burkeley, a Majestica and a Daymin (normal name pronounced Damon, just spelled differently) I even know a girl named Elizabeth Libby. :confused: No one told her parents that Libby is a nickname for Elizabeth so I think it is funny to have that name...So I was wondering what other weird names are out there.....

Well I have a Kieron....but hes my own.... it pronouced Kirun!! just spelled differently.... Cloud is diffenetly out there... but the drugs must of been good..

Comment

My daughter's name is Ryan too!! I love gender neutral names for girls. My neighbor growing up was Stormy (boy) and my girl cousin is Everjoy.::

Comment

I know a Rain and a Timber.

Comment

Originally posted by SunflowerMama View Post
          My daughter's name is Ryan too!! I love gender neutral names for girls. My neighbor growing up was named Stormy (boy) and my girl cousin is Everjoy.::
          Does she (your dd) ever complain? Mine LOVES her name! She says it makes her unique. Her BF says when they get engaged he is worried ppl will think he is marrying a boy when they read the anouncement! LOL!! I love gender neutral names too! I have never heard of anyone else who has a girl named Ryan so I think it is neat! Well, I know Holli Robinson-Peete has twins named Rodney (boy) and Ryan (girl). I also have a friend from High School who has three girls named Randi, Mychal and Tyler.

Comment

Well the rest of my kids names are gender netrual as well.. and I must say.... I like them..
            Rylee a girl
            Aubree a girl- I know sounds like a girls name.. but I did find it in the male names as another male form of Alfred(fil) so that why I named her that... But I like her name... I love it.

Kelby is a boy.... and I have never heard it before... until one day at a swim meet, after he was born.. we met a girl named Kelbee!!

Comment

I have a dcg named Jade.

Comment

My own is named Isis (Ice-is) and were she a boy it would have been Ociris. I used to have a DC baby named Waylon that did absolutely nothing but wail all day long.
                I have a niece named Alexis with a sister named Mercedes but had it have been a boy his name would have been Bentley (we joke that their next baby will be Jaguar or Honda).
                I used to babysit a little girl named Deborah but you had to say it Debore-Uh not Debruh like it's spelling.
                I have cousins that were all named after flowers ... Iris, Lilly & Lirio (white lilly) and another one named Rocio (dew).
                My own is Marina which is not common but deffinetely not as quirky as others I've heard .

Comment

Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
                  My own is named Isis (Ice-is)
                  My own is Marina which is not common but deffinetely not as quirky as others I've heard .
                  Love them both!!!!! I liked the Ociris one too until someone told me it is another name for Satan. I wanted to name my own Orion, but was too chicken so I went with just plain Ryan. I really like Isis though.....how very original.

Comment

Most of our daycare kids have weird and unusual names, . That is the first time that caught my attention when I started because we don't have any typical names like Josh, Sam, Ashley, or Brittany. Some parents must have run out of ideas and just put letters together. That was the joke, .

Comment

Hmmm...most unique dck names...

Brynn or Breah

I know, not that different, most of mine are Sam's and Ben's and Austins

My own son's name is Keegan, but that isn't too different either!

Comment

I had a Thor and an Irissa. A relative of mine his daughters name was Brittney, well the mom made everyone call her Brittany with the tt emphasized BriT-Tany, if that makes sense, well it's now years later and now everyone says it the normal way .

Comment

I had a Titan at one time never heard that name before I also have a Bryce but she is a girl and a Colton

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                            I wanted to name my own Orion, but was too chicken so I went with just plain Ryan. I really like Isis though.....how very original.
                            I always liked Orion too, but I read somewhere that it means "King of the Fairies", and I'd hate to do that to my son.

Comment

I used to have a DCG whose name was Logan but they spelled it Loghan b/c apparently the H made it more feminine!

Comment

Working...
                              X