Parents Say The Dumbest Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Say The Dumbest Things

Dcg, 3 whines everyday that her dad picks her up because she likes mommy better. But mommy works until 7, a hour away, and I close at 6. They live 1/4 mile away so its not like they spend much time together.
    Well this morning dcm drops off and dcg is crying that she wants mommy to pick her up. Dcm seriously looks at me, then back at dcg, and says "well dcg, if Ms. A stayed open until 8pm then I could come pick you up. But she wont."
    I stared right at dcm and said "dcg, you'll have fun with daddy. Mommy needs to leave now." I mean really?! Are you blaming me for her not liking the situation? Your solution is to leave your child at daycare for 14 hours a day so she can take a 2 minute car ride with you?! Come on!

Just needed to vent. Anyone have another story about ridiculous moments from parents?

Wow! Way to pass the blame, DCM! Ridiculous!

Comment

Then she says her husband mentioned something about a rate discount for summer and did that apply to them. :confused:
      I said that they only rate change for summer is an increase for school aged children. Which I have none of. And I had no idea where he got that from.
      Clueless people.

Comment

We have lots of threads about parents that are disrespectful to providers:

Comment

I have a dcm story. I have a dcb here and used to have dcb's brother also (he was one of my favorites). Well dcb bro. went to formal preschool, he is 3. One day dcm brought the bro to pick up dcb. When they got here, I asked the bro how he was and how preschool was and the brother politely answers and dcm says "he's had a rough day. M. you don't want to have to come back here, do you?"! Referring to having to come back here instead of going to preschool. And then she said that it would be cheaper for him to come here. (it actually is only $10 a week cheaper here). I just stood here with my mouth open! M. loved it here! If my house is so bad, then why do you bring dcb?

Comment

Originally posted by melilley View Post
            I have a dcm story. I have a dcb here and used to have dcb's brother also (he was one of my favorites). Well dcb bro. went to formal preschool, he is 3. One day dcm brought the bro to pick up dcb. When they got here, I asked the bro how he was and how preschool was and the brother politely answers and dcm says "he's had a rough day. M. you don't want to have to come back here, do you?"! Referring to having to come back here instead of going to preschool. And then she said that it would be cheaper for him to come here. (it actually is only $10 a week cheaper here). I just stood here with my mouth open! M. loved it here! If my house is so bad, then why do you bring dcb?

Comment

That is when I tend to say things like, "Yeah, 11 hour days are long enough! " and stare while smiling.

Comment

"I'm sure dcg means that she misses mommy. I KNOW dcg would love for mommy to pick her up at 6 tonight to take her to get ice cream. Right dcg?? "

Right back at ya, dcm!!

Comment

I FINALLY got the "I wish I didn't have to work (implied: like you) and could hang out with babies all day" comment.

I now truly am a daycare provider

Comment

wow that is not cool how mom threw you under the bus. as if anyone is going to want to have 14 hour days with daycare kids?!?! is this child in your care 12 hour days, 5 days a week????? no wonder this child is crying for mom all the time. who wouldnt be crying in that situation?

Comment

Originally posted by cheerfuldom View Post
                      wow that is not cool how mom threw you under the bus. as if anyone is going to want to have 14 hour days with daycare kids?!?! is this child in your care 12 hour days, 5 days a week????? no wonder this child is crying for mom all the time. who wouldnt be crying in that situation?
                      Yes, parents don't always realize that when they complain about their workdays, that their child's day is even longer

Comment

Sure,I'll stay open to raise your kid for you.Would you like me to feed them dinner and put them to bed too?
                        What a moron!

Comment

"DCG, if I stayed open any later than I do now then I wouldn't be able to spend any alone time with my kids and then they would miss me just like you miss your mommy. Mrs. MV chose to start her own daycare so that I wouldn't have to work all sorts of goofy hours and get time to spend with my family. But don't worry, you'll get to spend lots of time with your mommy on the weekend"

And then in my head I would add "or maybe your mommy could plan her life better and get a different job instead trying to make me change my life" ::

Comment

My response, “Maybe no one else realizes I have a family too. They are important. Hence, I run my business in order to spend quality time with them starting at 6:01 PM. See you tomorrow!"

Comment

Originally posted by Naptime yet? View Post
                              I FINALLY got the "I wish I didn't have to work (implied: like you) and could hang out with babies all day" comment.

I now truly am a daycare provider
                              Ugh, I got a version of that a couple of weeks ago. "Well she doesn't work". I'm sure dcm meant that I don't have to physically travel to a job...right.?

Comment

Working...
                              X