Stressed Out to the Max!!! Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks yall

I am going to talk to a lady at child care aware today and see what she says. Hopefully good things happen soon.

Comment

Being the director is almost like being the owner of the business. YOU are the one making sure that EVERYTHING gets done. I was the manager of a hotel once, (had only worked in a hotel for 2 weeks of my life as a front desk clerk!) I had NEVER been a manager of a hotel! I knew that I COULD do the job, but that I definitely needed ALOT of on the job training and time after my regular shift to teach myself what I needed to know and get myself acclimated to my new job.

If I were to start a new job as a director in a center. I would plan to work all day and probably until late evening after the daycare closes. This gives you time to do your job during the day, meeting the parents, interacting with the kids, covering for staff that doesn't come to work, etc. Then in the evening, AFTER the daycare closes, sit in your office and organize your office the way you want it to be, teach yourself things that you need to know, go through the building and see if you want to make changes, go through the kids' records and familiarize yourself with them and their parents' names, go through the parents' payment records to everyone's typical payment history, etc.

Basically, do the interacting with people part of your job and staff covered part of your job during the day and the immediate paperwork that you have to do on the spot during the day. Then at night, teach yourself your job, get acclimated to your job, and organize the company.

After a couple of weeks of this, you should have everything figured out, organized, and be comfortable with your new job.

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
        Quit and start your own home daycare! I worked in a center for 3 years....the first 2 were good but when the owner sold the last year, I was OUT OF THERE! Plus, I would hate hiring persons today for the same reasons as your workers....for some reason, persons do not feel responsible/accountable anymore! I just don't get it!
        Seriously.

And why was the missing girl not fired?

Comment

Ugh

I understand where all of you are coming from. The owners will not pay me or allow me to stay late. I work all day in the classrooms and then take my work home to do it there. I spent all weekend typing out new handbooks among other things for work. I am doing the best that I can with what I got to work with. I have been buying items that I need out of my pocket. The two girls where not fired because the owners want to keep them. I have been pushing to fire them. I have to take my orders from the owners. What they say goes pretty much. They are kinda allowing me to do my job but time will tell if they trust me enough to allow me to fire people and etc.

Comment

Is this your first gig as a Director? What you described so far is appalling. I am also a small center director, and with all the things you have listed......there is NO EXCUSE for not having paper towels and soap. You are working of the clock without compensation? That's illegal. You are either in control of operations like hiring, firing, ordering supplies, doing training, etc, or you're not. If not, abandon ship and get a new job.
            Does your state regulations require outside time? And there is no playground? Do you take them outside at all? No regulations about changing tables being located so teachers can still see and hear the group while changing a diaper? No regulations about washing hands? How do you wash hands without soap? No regulations about sanitizing surfaces?

Do I seem angry? Well, I am! Not at you Ms.Banks, not at all, at these owners!! This is what gives centers a bad reputation. I am a very big advocate of small centers, and I get pretty steamed hearing junk like "minimum wage only, no staff meetings, no paper towels, no gloves." THEY CAN'T IGNORE STATE REGULATIONS!

And this center is connected to a church? Do these owners drive a Mercedes? Or Jaguar? Guess what, I drive a Mercedes too, but my center gets EVERY SINGLE PENNY IT NEEDS FIRST. And my center gets all the attention, maintenance and new furnishings before my regular house does too. My blood is boiling right now.

You can private message me anytime for support. Your issues are sooooo deep and wide I can't begin to address them all.

:hug:

Comment

Working...
            X