The Difference Between German And American Daycare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Difference Between German And American Daycare

My daughter made this in daycare a while ago...

*FTR, that fanny pack was NOT my idea.

Omg! WHY?

Comment

Originally posted by Wednesday View Post
      Omg! WHY?
      I think they were looking for cheap crafts to do. It's a bag from a fruit and vegetable store that she colored and put eyeholes in. I guess they don#t have the same context for hoods that we do.

Comment

What are implying is the difference between American daycare and German daycare?

What does daycare have to do with it? :confused:

If your are referring to the fact that your DD's mask/hat could appear to be controversial, I can see why it would be offensive in America but what does it have to do with German daycare?

Also pointed hats have been a distinctive item of headgear of a wide range of cultures throughout history.

Comment

I think she lives in Germany and her daughter made it in a German daycare?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
            If your are referring to the fact that your DD's mask/hat could appear to be controversial, I can see why it would be offensive in America but what does it have to do with German daycare?
            Also pointed hats have been a distinctive item of headgear of a wide range of cultures throughout history.

I guess they don#t have the same context for hoods that we do.
            We just said the same thing.

It has to do with daycare because she made it in daycare, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              I think she lives in Germany and her daughter made it in a German daycare?
              I am aware she lives in Germany... ?

Comment

Originally posted by queen_of_the_playground View Post
                We just said the same thing.

It has to do with daycare because she made it in daycare, that's it.
                Still not getting your point.

Daycares in most countries probably make crafts that differ from other countries too...

Are we discussing the differences between daycare "norms" from one country compared to another?

Comment

Still not getting your point.

Daycares in most countries probably make crafts that differ from other countries too...

Are we discussing the differences between daycare "norms" from one country compared to another?
                  I think you might be taking it a bit seriously, it was only meant to be funny. At least my family got a good laugh out if it. It's like this kind of thing:

The kid (and presumably his parents) has no idea what it means to us.

Comment

In America thia hat could be seen as controversial.
                    In Germany apparently it wouldn't. I believe that's what she is implying.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      In America thia hat could be seen as controversial.
                      In Germany apparently it wouldn't. I believe that's what she is implying.

Comment

I think you might be taking it a bit seriously, it was only meant to be funny. At least my family got a good laugh out if it.

The kid (and presumably his parents) has no idea what it means to us.
                        The shirt is funny and probably only offensive to a few.

The reference to the hat is NOT funny, offensive to millions and NOT something I would ever make a joke about.

Comment

The shirt is funny and probably only offensive to a few.

The reference to the hat is NOT funny, offensive to millions and NOT something I would ever make a joke about.
                          *shrug* To each his own then. The point is that it's not offensive to anyone. Here.

Comment

*shrug* To each his own then. The point is that it's not offensive to anyone. Here.
                            Thanks for respecting the views of millions of others..

Have at 'er...

*SHRUG*

Comment

What does that shirt say? Too drunk to? Yeah,that would not fly in American schools!

Comment

Working...
                              X