Late Charge Per Minute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Charge Per Minute

What do you charge for early drop off or late pickup by the minute.

I was thinking $3.00 per minute. Any opinions?

Some other owners I talked in my area suggested somewhere between $2 and $5 per minute! Several said that when it is $1 per minute, people just pay it and still come late or drop off really early.

Mine is $1, but I believe it was BlackCat that has the best one I've heard of so far. I'm sure she'll chime in. Something like a minimum flat fee charged instantly, plus a per minute charge on top of that?

Comment

I think I must be one of the most lenient daycare providers. I allow parents up to 15 minutes early drop off and up to 15 minutes late pickup. After that I charge $5 for each 15 minutes parents are late.

But ... I have great parents and I haven't even had to deal with early or late pickups yet. If anything, parents pickup early here.

Comment

Originally posted by Wednesday View Post
        Mine is $1, but I believe it was BlackCat that has the best one I've heard of so far. I'm sure she'll chime in. Something like a minimum flat fee charged instantly, plus a per minute charge on top of that?
        My late fee is $20 automatically for being late and a $1 for each minute they are late.

The second late offense doubles ALL fees.

The third late offense equates to termination or double the fees again (which consequence I enact is at MY discretion)

The point of a late fee isn't so I can make an extra $1. It's to detour parents being late. period.

MY time is just as valuable as the next persons and I believe the contracted times parents submit to me should be respected as much, if not more than the parents work schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
          My late fee is $20 automatically for being late and a $1 for each minute they are late.

The second late offense doubles ALL fees.

The third late offense equates to termination or double the fees again (which consequence I enact is at MY discretion)

The point of a late fee isn't so I can make an extra $1. It's to detour parents being late. period.

MY time is just as valuable as the next persons and I believe the contracted times parents submit to me should be respected as much, if not more than the parents work schedule.
          Yep, that's the one!

Comment

Thats amazing BlackCat! I agree that the point is to have punctual parents, not make an extra few dollars.

Comment

Working...
            X