Toys & Activities for 2 Year Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toys & Activities for 2 Year Old

I am opening my daycare in two weeks and my first client/customer (not sure what word to use) is a 2 year oldoboy.

What are your go-to toys for the 2-3 year olds?

Most of my experience is concentrated to infants and toddlers 4/5 - I am not sure if the toys I have for the older toddlers would work for this little guy.

I have blocks, trains, musical instruments, and cars. Anything else I should try to find during this season of garage sales?

Mine love cars, blocks, books, play kitchen with food, balls trikes, water table, mud, slides, chunky puzzles, and puppets. oh and baby dolls with real bottles.

Comment

My almost-2s like dolls, little people (the circus set is a huge hit atm), cars, and tents/tunnels. Musical instruments, too, but they are expensive so those are only out at music time where I can watch who is trying to stand on teh drums .

I refer to the parents as my clients and the kids as my little buddies/pals/etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jenboo View Post
        Mine love cars, blocks, books, play kitchen with food, balls trikes, water table, mud, slides, chunky puzzles, and puppets. oh and baby dolls with real bottles.
        I second all these things but don't forget art stuff. Colored pencils, finger paint, play dough etc. Also, stuff which they can role play with. So, kitchen, tools, dress up clothes.

Comment

boxes, tubes, masking tape. we have tubes tapped to cabinets so they can shoot stuff down them.

Comment

A kitchen or shopping center, pretend play areas (castle, etc), dress up for boys as well as girls.

Comment

Outdoor is ride on toys(tricycle, little tykes car...) and balls

Inside is cars, motorcycles, hats, crayons and paper.

I think my boys are easily entertained::

Edit: I do have other toys, those are just what get the most attention.

Comment

2 year olds love WATER! baby pool/sink/water table.

Comment

Telephones and cameras are my 2s favorites (real/not working; not toys). Dolls. Dress-up hats. Any and all art or sensory things.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I do not have action figures or little people toys. I have more action figures/ barbies. Great ideas. I have tons of art supplies and I loved the cardboard box/ tape idea.

Comment

I bought so many cool outdoor things for my toddler group! Water tables, mud pie making table, Fort Slideaway (tent and slide combo), Step2 play houses, ride on toys, etc...

They play with rocks and sticks.

Comment

Working...
                      X