Nap Mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nap Mat

When you store your mats can you leave the sheets on, fold them and then stack them to store? Is the a voliation?

It depends on your state regulations

Comment

When I was in California assisting at a daycare, we could stack cots but all sheets had to be taken off, they could be left on the cot though as long as they weren't touching the cot above for disease reasons(lice, bedbugs, etc). I don't think where I am now has any laws regarding that but I would follow the same thing, do not let the kids sleeping items(blanket/sheet) touch in storage.

Do you know what your regulations are if any?

Comment

I have read over and over my state regulations and cant see anything about it. It says I need to have bottom and top linens for it but it doesnt stat how to store.

Comment

On Page 66 I found:

C. Linens shall be assigned for individual use.
          Interpretation of § 530 C: Linens must be changed between uses by different children.
          H. Pillows, when used for children over two years of age, shall be assigned for individual use and covered with pillowcases.
          Intent of § 530 H: The purpose of this standard is to prevent the spread of disease due to children sharing pillows with other children or family members. Pillows must be covered with pillowcases, pillow shams, or other coverings so that the pillows can be kept clean. Pillow coverings must be clean and washed at least weekly or when soiled as required by § 530 D.

The best place to find the answer, for sure, would be licensing, but imo and the way I'm reading it, they should be stored separately so they don't touch... that way the chances of spreading disease/illness is lowered.

Hopefully someone actually from Virginia can chime in

Comment

Working...
          X