Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you buy jarred food or make baby food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you buy jarred food or make baby food?

I have an 8 month old coming here soon... and in my other post, I mentioned I haven't had a baby here before. SO... do you buy jarred baby food or make it? I don't really want to buy jarred since I was feeding my son finger foods at 8 months or I would just mash stuff up. What do you think?

I made my own for my kids, so when dcg is ready I will make hers as well. I just don't like the idea of paying for something I can easily make myself.

Comment

Make it--absolutely.

Comment

I don't buy it. I just mush up what the other kids are having as needed.

Comment

I make my own for the most part based on what the others are eating.

Comment

My parents bring their own until they are on table food and then I provide the food. Most bring jars but a few bring homemade. I buy some jars as 'spares'.

Laurel

Comment

Originally posted by Laurel View Post
              My parents bring their own until they are on table food and then I provide the food. Most bring jars but a few bring homemade. I buy some jars as 'spares'.

Laurel
              Me too. I will mush up bananas & veggies if I know they've had them before but most of the time the parents provide all meals until they are on table foods.

Comment

At my center, the parents can bring both but the center itself serves jarred.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurel View Post

Laurel
                  Yes, I should amend to say, I made baby food for babies who could eat what we were eating (i.e. I'm cooking a squash for the kids, I make a batch of squash puree while I'm at it--some for now, some for later). Otherwise it was up to parents to provide baby food.

Comment

I do mash bananas as it is a good way to use up ripe bananas.

Laurel

Comment

Working...
                    X