Too much candy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much candy...

So, I had a parent drop off today and the first thing she says is "DCB age 2 pretty much ate nothing but candy yesterday, he asked for it this morning and boycotted breakfast, but we didn't give him any candy =)', LOL! Then 1/2 hour later he has diarrhea. White, stinky, sick looking diarrhea. He's gone through 4 diapers this morning, and a change of clothes. It looks as though this isn't new. He has a major diaper rash as well. There is no temperature and his mood is being defined as super whiny.

He's napping now. If he has any more... I think it'll be time to go home. Eeeew.

I'm now wondering if she mentioned the candy thing to 'explain' the diarrhea.

I would have already called for them to pick him up . I send home for 1 diarrhea, no matter what the cause. And he would have to stay home until all symptoms are gone for 24 hours .

Comment

Originally posted by Second Home View Post
      I would have already called for them to pick him up . I send home for 1 diarrhea, no matter what the cause. And he would have to stay home until all symptoms are gone for 24 hours .
      Same here. I'll usually wait to see what happens after the first bout of diarrhea but if the child is whiny, there are additional bouts that can't be contained in a diaper and the child doesn't usually have loose BMs, I call the parent to pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Home View Post
        Same here. I don't wait to see if it will leak into the other's play and learning space.

Comment

My parents all know I exclude for candy hangovers.

Feed your child as much candy as you want but NOT the day before daycare.

Comment

1 time maybe 2x they go home... white ??? they go home right away why because grey can be something really bad. rash they had it yesterday before eating candy.
            It:: will wait

Comment

Working...
            X