Apps, Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SignMeUp View Post
    Interesting that it varies that much. Same here, I believe, for CCAP families. In recent years, I only register occasionally to accommodate someone who calls & asks. Probably won't do that anymore if the union goes through, though it bothers me a bit. I like having a mix of families in most every way.
    I will quit taking families using CCAP if the union comes to town.

I am NOT supportive of a union that does nothing for me but collect my money.

I know everyone says that is not true but I have yet to find anyone who can offer me hard evidence that a union is beneficial for self employed business owners.

We've had many discussions about unions on this board. If you have spare time ever....scroll through the forum archives and read some of them. They are fascinating and full of really good info.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      If you have spare time ever....scroll through the forum archives and read some of them. They are fascinating and full of really good info.
      I'll have to look for that. I was seriously interested in what they could do, but I think they have proven what they're about. And it's my money. And I want it

Comment

I checked the cake app and it seems fantastic but jist a quick question in florida we are required to have the actual signature or full name of the person picking up or dropping off. Does the cake app allow parents to sign or is only a the time.

Comment

Originally posted by marlyerodrigue View Post
          I checked the cake app and it seems fantastic but jist a quick question in florida we are required to have the actual signature or full name of the person picking up or dropping off. Does the cake app allow parents to sign or is only a the time.
          Each parent has a PIN so when checking in or out they use a PIN specific to them. The app also takes their picture when they are signing in so I would think that is better than a signature but I suppose that is up to each agency/state to say so I would definitely check.

Comment

I don't use an app like BC is describing but I use some smaller but helpful apps.

The FB Page Manager App: for uploading photos of activities to my business FB page.

Vaccine Reminder: works with it's website. You enter each child's vaccine dates and it will remind you when their next ones are. Setting it up is a little difficult but once you get it going it's helpful.

Contageous?: an app that let's you look up communicable illnesses and tells you details like symptoms and whether the child should be excluded or not.

Hours Calculator: I keep track of my business tasks when children aren't present in a planner and this app helps me add up the hours before entering them into MMK.

Class Messenger: let's me send alerts, messages and photos to clients. One, a fiew or several clients at once.

Recipe Calculator: helps figure out ingredient amounts when a recipe serving size is more or less than what I need.

Comment

I tried Cake but found some flaws. If a parent forgets to sign in but then signs out that out time goes for the sign in time and there is no was to fix it. I was in conversation with their tech department and they were most helpful, very accommodating, but I couldn't/didn't wait for it to be fixed and moved back to paper.

MMK phone app also didn't fulfill my needs.

I have children that come at all different times and for full and part time days or periods of time so the financial/billing doesn't/didn't work for me.
              I see little people.

Comment

Originally posted by Childminder View Post
                I tried Cake but found some flaws. If a parent forgets to sign in but then signs out that out time goes for the sign in time and there is no was to fix it. I was in conversation with their tech department and they were most helpful, very accommodating, but I couldn't/didn't wait for it to be fixed and moved back to paper.

MMK phone app also didn't fulfill my needs.

I have children that come at all different times and for full and part time days or periods of time so the financial/billing doesn't/didn't work for me.
                You can personalize that portion of it now. I have mine set up so that each family/child has it's own rate template including fees for late pick up and early drop off.

I did notice that when someone forgets to sign in, that it does go right to the next option but so far, my parents have all been really good about remembering to sign in. so far.

Comment

Working...
                X