Clothes Pet Peeve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothes Pet Peeve

Why do parents dress their infants/toddlers in clothes that do not fit??!! It drives me absolutely insane! Pants are too long and dragging, slipping off their heinies, sleeves are hanging way off theirs arms. Ugh!!!!

Originally posted by lilcupcakes09 View Post
    Why do parents dress their infants/toddlers in clothes that do not fit??!! It drives me absolutely insane! Pants are too long and dragging, slipping off their heinies, sleeves are hanging way off theirs arms. Ugh!!!!
    I know! Or clothes are too small. The one I hate most is that the socks are too small. The sock is on the child and looks okay with a shoe on but the heel part is under the arch of the foot. Just buy tube socks folks.

Laurel

Comment

They'll grow into them, ! I have one that's the opposite, everything is too small & the baby is busting out of them. I'm not sure why dcps haven't sized baby up yet, maybe it's like the kids with their saggy pants, it's hip to have your diaper hanging out

Comment

A lot of times if they are too big I will find their spare outfits in their diaper bag and put those on them.

Laurel

Comment

A man who never changed one single diaper invented onsies & snapping pants..., I'm sure of it!!!

Comment

. yesterday a dcb, a really tall 3yo was wearing a 24 months tee. his younger brother is 2yo and doesn't even wear those, he's in 3T.

Comment

agree. I have an almost 2 year old that is constantly wearing clothing and diapers too small for her. She has an older sister, I know they already have a lot of hand me downs ready for her use.

Comment

Oh yes I forgot to mention my other dcb, different family who is almost 6.....pretty tall for his age, who only has 1 jacket, which is a Size 3T!!!! He only has 2 swestshirts that he wears over and over everyday each week! And these are not people who can't afford clothes! Just makes me shake my head!

Comment

Originally posted by Laurel View Post
                  I know! Or clothes are too small. The one I hate most is that the socks are too small. The sock is on the child and looks okay with a shoe on but the heel part is under the arch of the foot. Just buy tube socks folks.

Laurel
                  I was just talking about the sock thing yesterday to a friend! It drives me nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by jenboo View Post
                    I was just talking about the sock thing yesterday to a friend! It drives me nuts!
                    When mine were small I used to buy all white socks in packages so if I lost one I'd have another one to make a pair. That said, my granddaughter (7) wears mismatched socks on purpose and she has quite the fashion sense. They look kind of cute. They do fit though.

Laurel

Comment

I have sibling DCGs that do often come in clothes that are much too small but I am also convinced that the kids have the oddest body shapes I have ever seen.

Whether they come in clothes that are too small, too big, or just right their pants are always falling down. It is like the top half of their body is really big and the bottom half is extra small

The huge pet peeve I have that the same DCM does is sends her kids in the same socks for weeks. Literally the bottom of their socks are completely black. Then when I tell her they need their socks changed......she sends them barefoot.

Comment

2 pet peeves

1. Snap & zip pants on babies that must be unsnapped & unzipped to change diapers.
                        2. Sausage pants. Too tight to pull down and up easily, elastic tight around waist to the point you almost have to shake/wiggle them into them.

Comment

I get tired of "frou-frou" clothing. Belts on babies or toddlers, button-down shirts, the dad that layers his toddler in a long sleeved, the a short sleeved, then a tank top.....(not kidding...it's the stupidest look ever), shoes that are NOT play shoes...fashionable boots....

GAH! Simple pants/shorts, simple shirts, simple shoes....DONE.
                          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Ugh! Right?!?

The worst for me is the 10 mo infant still wearing 3 mo jeans. Sure they technically "fit" if DCG is laying down stiff as a mummy, but no way can she move! And getting them back on after a diaper change...

I started changing her to her spare leggings every time mom brought her in those, and I haven't seen the jeans in a few weeks... Maybe she got the hint.

Comment

Too long doesn't bother me because I know how hard it is to find things that fit in the waist AND for length.

BUT they need to be able to move comfortable. Too tight, or so loose they are falling off drives me bonkers.

Comment

Working...
                              X