No announcement yet.

Outside Supplies Station?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that bring cups or jugs of water, etc., how in heck do you keep the kids from using it for other purposes than drinking? We come inside for breaks often so always do our potty breaks, water breaks then. But geez, I can't even keep the dog bowl water filled; they're always running over with spoons or cups and using it for their sand play. Or just tipping it upside down.
    As for storing stuff, such as wipes, bandaids, kleenex, etc., I just put it into a rubbermaid bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
      For those that bring cups or jugs of water, etc., how in heck do you keep the kids from using it for other purposes than drinking? We come inside for breaks often so always do our potty breaks, water breaks then. But geez, I can't even keep the dog bowl water filled; they're always running over with spoons or cups and using it for their sand play. Or just tipping it upside down.
      As for storing stuff, such as wipes, bandaids, kleenex, etc., I just put it into a rubbermaid bucket.
      I have a brick wall out front of my house that I keep the water bottles on. Little ones can't reach it. The older ones can, but leave them alone unless drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by MV View Post
        Do you just attach it to your wall? How? It's unfiltered right?
        Where did you get it?
        Yes DH attached it to the outside wall of the house. Hubs attached it to a ledger board like you would attach a deck.

I'll take pics when we get it back out for the summer.. (We remove it for winter so it doesnt freeze and crack). We still have snow on the ground

We bought it a couple years ago at our local mom & pop hardware store for less than $50.

No filters. I suppose you could add one but its just straight water from the garden hose. Nothing fancy... Just cute.

Comment

Originally posted by nothingwithoutjoy View Post
          For little kids, I have a potty in our shed. I have a basket of diaper-changing supplies and change diapers on a blanket in the yard. Bigger kids are allowed to go inside to use the toilet, if I trust they can manage it well on their own (ok w/ licensing here.)
          Oh dear, a BLANKET?!!! The horror!

The diaper changing "procedure" by our QRIS is so detailed, we are supposed to count out how many wipes we will need ahead of time! No, we can't just pull them out one-by-one. We have to anticipate the level of fecal matter and calculate a complex mathematical equation to accurately remove just the right number of wipes. ::

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
            Oh dear, a BLANKET?!!! The horror!

The diaper changing "procedure" by our QRIS is so detailed, we are supposed to count out how many wipes we will need ahead of time! No, we can't just pull them out one-by-one. We have to anticipate the level of fecal matter and calculate a complex mathematical equation to accurately remove just the right number of wipes. ::
            Oh, my goodness...ridiculous! (And to be clear, I do put a changing pad on top of the blanket, but still, I'm sure your licensor would disapprove.)

Comment

I've not had an issue with kids using the water for things other than drinking. Maybe because they have access to them all the time so they are used to them? These are the same cups that they have sitting on the kitchen table all the time and can help themselves to a drink whenever they want. The know they have to stand right next to the table with them and can't walk away. Same thing outside. Cups are on the picnic table and they can not leave the table with them.

Comment

all our kids have their own water bottles that i labeled with their names. I used vinyl so it doesn't come off. We got them at dollar tree

Comment

We have a picnic table for the kids. Drinks are to stay at the table. They must sit to drink. Same as in the house.

Comment

Working...
                  X