Started a new kid....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started a new kid....

Monday... and tomorrow will be his last day. *sigh* I have had SUCH bad luck replacing my bad apple parents. It feels like I am destined to have two terrible clients no matter what!

Great interview, only one red flag was that they are leaving former daycare arrangement (center) over price. They were paying $50/week more than I charge, for 4 days. They were willing to pay my FT rate for 4 days also.

The kid is a doll. 4.5, going into K, eats, sleeps great, the kids all took to him right away. The parents read through my policies and emailed me for clarification on a few things, brought all supplies when they brought the forms, etc.

But....they lied. This kid is NOT potty trained. He is not even CLOSE to poop trained. He hasn't had a single pee accident until yesterday...he had 3. Didn't say a word either, just continued playing until one of the kids asked him if he peed his pants. Then about 10 minutes before pick up yesterday he pooped his pants. UNDERWEAR, no less. I had to have my dd and dh come help with the other kids to clean him up. It was grandma who picked up, first time I met her and she was LIVID. Not that he had an accident, that he was in underwear. He has NEVER pooped on the potty. Mom/Dad give him a pullup to poop in before his bath, he poops, they change him, and go on about their business. If he needs to poop, he requests a pullup at home.

4.5. NO developmental issues at all.

I NEVER would have taken this on had I known and I KNOW the parents are aware they lied to me. I JUST passed on a non potty trained 4yo.

I didn't immediately term because gma picked up, I didn't have the papers ready and I wanted to confront Mom tomorrow at drop off. (dck is not here today). I sent dcm an email that she has yet to respond to, inquiring about the status of his PTing, and telling her pullups are necessary.

WTH!!!!!!!!!

Uh. 4.5 and not potty trained? That's a big excessive. How is he supposed to start K in the fall!?

You have to let us know what she responds with. I bet it's another lie...

Comment

I asked Mom this morning at drop off, and she fessed up. Child has BM's in pullups and will NOT poop on potty. Pee accidents are weekly. I have child in pullups now. NOT ONCE has child asked to go potty and has had wet pullups all day of course.

I do NOT want to be changing a 4.5yo's diapers. I am going to let them go today during the trial period. No way will I go into a situation knowing both parents straight face lied to me.

Comment

They should have been upfront with you on this issue

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
          I asked Mom this morning at drop off, and she fessed up. Child has BM's in pullups and will NOT poop on potty. Pee accidents are weekly. I have child in pullups now. NOT ONCE has child asked to go potty and has had wet pullups all day of course.

I do NOT want to be changing a 4.5yo's diapers. I am going to let them go today during the trial period. No way will I go into a situation knowing both parents straight face lied to me.
          I don't blame you - I have a 4.5yo myself and 1 DCB who's 4.5, I can't imagine changing diapers for them! I would imagine since DCM mom lied she knew there'd be a chance you wouldn't take him if you knew he wasn't completely PTd.

Comment

He will not be allowed to start K! They will put him in a special ed classroom until he is potty trained. I would make sure the parents know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wednesday View Post
              He will not be allowed to start K! They will put him in a special ed classroom until he is potty trained. I would make sure the parents know that.
              Awe, that makes me feel bad for the kid. The poor kid probably isn't PTd cause the parents are being lazy about it.

Comment

I can't believe that they thought they could get away with that! What did they think, that he wasn't going to ever go to the bathroom in his pants because he was at your house?!

He's probably still going in his pants at home because they allow him to do so and don't want to deal with it, so that's what he does.
                If not, then at 4.5 you would think that there was some other underlying problem.

Comment

Originally posted by melilley View Post
                  I can't believe that they thought they could get away with that! What did they think, that he wasn't going to ever go to the bathroom in his pants because he was already your house?!
                  I can't believe they sent him in underwear when he's NEVER pooped in a potty before. What did they think?? He would just magically go at your house?? Jeeze... My twins were hard as HECK to get #2 trained. It was seriously pushing 4.5 for one of them, the other was just about 4. It was awful! I was having another baby and still changing a 4yr old's diaper and who knows how many underwear I threw away!! My others were all super easy to PT and my youngest is ready but I'm just NOT. I feel bad because he would be really good about it at home but then when we go places it's hard to get him to remember and focus and go! He did once but that was with dh as a backup! LOL Anyway, 4.5 is too old to be going in a diaper especially if he pees on the potty and ASKS for a diaper!! Heck no!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X