No announcement yet.

Do You Allow Kids To Arrive In Pajamas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Allow Kids To Arrive In Pajamas?

If not, what is your reasoning?

Does it matter what time they arrive?

One of my DCMs is moving from 3rd shift back to 1st on Monday. She needs to drop her kids off at 5:30AM and her kids are out of control for her especially if she has to wake them.

I am leaning towards telling her they need to arrive dressed as well as with appropriate outdoor clothing or be turned away at the door but I want to make sure that I am not just making rules for the sake of it.

I seem to remember reading on here a while back that's what most everyone did and I have 3 kids of my own on top of other daycare kids to handle in the morning so it would probably simplify things for me.

I dont care what you are wearing as long as it fits properly and does not enable the child to play freely.

I have kids come in costumes, PJ, and etc

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
      I dont care what you are wearing as long as it fits properly and does enable the child to play freely.
      I agree with this.

But it sounds like she wants you to dress them. I wouldn't want to be responsible for that every day (unless they're much earlier than other kids and you'd have time to do it before they arrive).

Comment

I have two dcb's that arrive at 5:30 and go right back to bed. I definitely wouldn't mind if they showed up in pajamas ( they don't, though), but it would be my decision if I had time to change them or not. Some days are a whole lot more chaotic than others so I imagine some days they'd stay in pj's

Comment

I don't allow arrival in pj's.
          With the growing threat of bed bugs, it makes me wary. I've even put in my hb, no bedding (blankies) to be brought to the child care.
          The center down the street from me just had an outbreak of bed bugs.
          Not to mention the explosive morning urine diapers they can arrive in.
          Gross!

Comment

The unchanged diapers would annoy me. I went through a period where 3 out of 4 parents would bring their kids with an overflowing diaper EVERYDAY that needed changing within minutes of arriving, and they weren't even wearing pjs, just got dressed without a diaper change. It was a lot of unnecessary extra work first thing in the morning while trying to get my kids off to school.

I would assume they are being plucked out of their bed and put in the car and brought over, no diaper change.

I currently do not allow kids to arrive in pjs UNLESS we are having a pj day, then we would all be in pjs.

IF I decided to allow it, diapers would have to be changed before coming and the child will likely be in pjs all day. I can see this catching on with the other dcp's. Once they see another kid arriving in pjs they would want to save time by doing the same. I WOULD NOT be dressing 5 kids in addition to my own everyday

Comment

Oh and they need to have a coat and proper outdoor gear as well. I imagine parents want to just pick them up blanket and all and stick them in the car.

Comment

Rather than fight her on it, I may just let her know she will still be turned away at the door for a soiled diaper and missing outdoor gear as she is now and that whatever she brings them in they will be wearing until she picks them up.

Thanks for the help. I honestly hadn't even thought of the fact that she may find it acceptable not to change diapers because it's the morning

Comment

Just remember that the 5:30 am arrival parent has the same 24 hrs in a day that all other parents have. She needs to get her kids up, dressed, and changed and ready for daycare just like everyone else. There's nothing special about her schedule.
                  http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

I don't care if kids show up in PJ's at all. I just change their clothes at first diaper change.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddieCahoots View Post
                      I don't allow arrival in pj's.
                      With the growing threat of bed bugs, it makes me wary. I've even put in my hb, no bedding (blankies) to be brought to the child care.
                      The center down the street from me just had an outbreak of bed bugs.
                      Not to mention the explosive morning urine diapers they can arrive in.
                      Gross!
                      I kinda see this, but if the jammies have bed bugs, couldn't regular clothes? I heard they lay eggs ANYWHERE

Comment

Only my SAer has showed up in pjs & she just dresses herself when she gets here, so I don't care. I think if one of my littles showed up on pjs they'd be in them all day because of basically what Nannyde said.

Comment

I actually like getting the kids dressed for the day. As long as they arrive in properly fitting PJs and a fresh diaper I'm okay getting them dressed. Some kids arrive dressed every day and some arrive in PJs every day and some are 50/50!

Comment

Originally posted by GKJNIGMN View Post
                            Rather than fight her on it, I may just let her know she will still be turned away at the door for a soiled diaper and missing outdoor gear as she is now and that whatever she brings them in they will be wearing until she picks them up.

Thanks for the help. I honestly hadn't even thought of the fact that she may find it acceptable not to change diapers because it's the morning
                            I don’t have a policy on PJs. Once it has happened. During pick up, DCPs are ! “Johnny you’re still in pajamas?!”

“You dropped him off in pajamas. So pajamas it is for the day. If you don’t have time to dress him with two children, what would make you think I have the time with 6 other children in care?”

He has never been dropped off with pajamas again.

Comment

I don't want them coming in something that they have slept in. If they come in what they wore to sleep in, their diaper probably hasn't been changed, and their hair probably hasn't been combed, and their teeth probably haven't been brushed. Yuck. The mom needs to get them ready before bringing them. I understand that 5:30 is early, but it takes the same amount of time and effort to get them ready at 5:30 as it would at 7:30.

Comment

Working...
                              X