Croup Cough and Continuously Running Noses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croup Cough and Continuously Running Noses

Hey-I I had a weeks vacation and before I left both my dubs had colds. They are 14 and 18 mos. Back to work today and both still sick. Coughs and continuously wiping noses. Sigh..is there anything I can do. I just feel gross and don't want my own boys or myself to get sick. Also, part of the problem is that these parents never want to slow down and let these little ones get the rest they need! It really irritates me and exasperated their colds. How do you address the sleep issue? Thanks for the advice!

Sorry dcbs not dubs!

Comment

I give parents the letter I posted in this thread.

It lets parents know MY expectations for illnesses and other ailments that get passed back and forth during this season.

If a child is behaving out of sorts for longer than a certain amount of time, I reserve the right to refuse care until better or to exclude from care until the child has seen a Dr to rule out anything contagious or underlying.

With proper rest and care, colds and coughs shouldn't last much longer than 2 weeks max.

Comment

Thanks for your help blackcat! I will start using your letter. It's nice to vent and can't wait for flu season to be done. As a parent when my boys were little I understood and acknowledged that my boys getting sleep meant we as parents were going to need to slow down. I can't understand why that's so hard for parents nowadays and why they can't seem to get that having children means sacrificing on your part and not being out all night or skipping naps so you can run all day. Argh!

Comment

Working...
        X