Parents!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents!

I had a mom text me last night to tell me her daughter is coming early today and said..."I just wanted to make sure you were ready"....????? When am I not ready? Then she brought her daughter with her hair not done and hands me a bow and hair tie and tells me she forgot to bring a coat.

I hear ya .I have a parent that says her daughter will only let me do her hair Ok so what does she do on the weekends? . I even have a family that will bring there kids at 10:30 so I have to feed them lunch, even though she doesn't work until 2. All so she can "relax" before work. We live in a world of lazy parents.

Comment

Yep,. One family here, no matter what time they arrive, their children's first meal of the day is always here. 7:00 am, 8:00 am, 9:00 am, 10:00 am etc. Doesn't matter. They arrive and the first thing 4yo DCB says is "I'm hungry". I feel bad when they arrive right after we have already had our meal/snack but there's no way I'm going to prepare a snack/meal just for them everyday whenever they show up so I respond with "We're going to eat soon".

Same parents complained that their LO (DCG 1yo) wouldn't go to bed at night when I let her have a late nap (sometimes she naps for 30 minutes from 5-5:30) but funny, I can still get both her and her brother to nap at naptime from 12-2 when he let's the kids sleep in until 10am and brings them at 11am .

Same family brought a plastic bag on Valentines day with unopened Valentine's Day cards. They "didn't have time" to make them, neither did I.

And the best one ... same family, they live on the other side of town and DCD will drive the 10 minutes to my house and drop his children off at 10 am or 11am sometimes even when he works at 2pm. At 11:20 am I load up the car to take his son (DCB 4yo) to preschool and drive 10 minutes right back in the same direction that they live at. Why oh why can he not just wait a little bit to drop his own son off at preschool and then bring DCG to daycare? IDK, but he doesn't.

Doesn't bother me, it just makes me wonder about people.

Comment

So I dunno where MissAnn is located, but depending on the time of year, showing up at my place having forgot your child's coat would cost you lots more time as I wouldn't be able to accept the kid into care that day without one.
        Chief cook, bottle washer & spider killer...

Comment

I have one mom who will drop her baby off at 8am every day no matter what time she goes to work, usually @ 2pm, and then complains about how much she misses the baby. Umm keep him with you until you have to go to work.

Comment

Nice

One dcm dropped her child off once and told me she didn't have to work and feels bad about bringing him.
            She then told me that she called her dh because she needed reassurance that it was ok and he told her not to feel bad so she brought him.
            Funny thing is, this is the same dcm who now brings dcb every day she has off now. She can't feel that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by cara041083 View Post
              We live in a world of lazy parents.
              No truer words have been spoken! Anymore kids are so unruly, have no patience, talk over conversations, are picky eaters, in diapers until kindergarten & can't tie a shoe to save their life. We cannot blame the children for lack of parenting though.

Comment

The whole "They won't let me do it" thing ticks me off. Everytime I hear it, I make their child do whatever it is in front of the parents just to show I more control than they do. I used to feel guilty about doing that, I got over that quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Bookworm View Post
                  The whole "They won't let me do it" thing ticks me off. Everytime I hear it, I make their child do whatever it is in front of the parents just to show I more control than they do. I used to feel guilty about doing that, I got over that quick.
                  ha ha, I know! I hear that all the time. I have actually said it too but then I usually correct myself and say "they weren't cooperating so I just let it go". I mean, just be honest. Your kid beat you. My kids win sometimes too. Whatever. Just be honest!

Comment

Originally posted by coolconfidentme View Post
                    No truer words have been spoken! Anymore kids are so unruly, have no patience, talk over conversations, are picky eaters, in diapers until kindergarten & can't tie a shoe to save their life. We cannot blame the children for lack of parenting though.
                    Unfortunately not all parents are lazy - a vast majority are uneducated regarding parenting or they really need - and just don't have - a support network (whether its emotional or monetary like child support).

Don't get me wrong, I just got done terming a family like this. Pretty sure they are lazy parents -- until they get a term notice then suddenly they become the crazy cooperative parents who actually try to parent in order for me to let them keep a spot (too late!).

Comment

Working...
                    X