Easiest Playdough Ever - 2 Ingredients - Very Soft and So Much Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easiest Playdough Ever - 2 Ingredients - Very Soft and So Much Fun

A friend posted this on FB and it looked like so much fun, so I tried it. I have all SA'ers - ages 5-10 - and they LOVED it!!! And it only takes 1 part hair conditioner and 2 parts corn starch! Plus the food coloring, so technically 3 ingredients I guess. Anyway, try it... so simple and fairly inexpensive!

http://pagingfunmums.com/2013/11/01/...2-ingredients/
    Attached Files

Thanks! I had forgotten about this!

Comment

That's awesome ill have to give it a try!

Comment

I have an occasional 'taster' of play dough. I wonder if this is safe for younger children with the hair conditioner in it.

Laurel

Comment

Originally posted by Laurel View Post
          I have an occasional 'taster' of play dough. I wonder if this is safe for younger children with the hair conditioner in it.

Laurel
          At the bottom of the recipe it says "not safe to be digested." It looks great but I couldn't use it with 2 of my kids. I'd also worry about allergies to ingredients in the conditioner.

It is something I would try with my DD though

Comment

Just for the record, corn flour and corn starch are NOT the same thing. And I would not use this for kids who put it in their mouths, but I also don't use the high salt ones for the same reason. Not good to eat.

Comment

If they are tasters I just discontinue it until they are a bit older and try again. But I'm a little leary of this because sometimes I've had children sneak and taste it. Kind of like biting, they do it in a flash before you realize it.

It does sound fun for older kids though.

Laurel

Comment

Thanks for posting this! I am definitely going to try this!

I don't have any kids who have ever ate playdoh..... I don't let the kids play unsupervised so if I did have one who wanted to taste it, I would probably have that child sit next to me while we played.

Comment

Originally posted by Scribbles View Post
                  Thanks for posting this! I am definitely going to try this!

I don't have any kids who have ever ate playdoh..... I don't let the kids play unsupervised so if I did have one who wanted to taste it, I would probably have that child sit next to me while we played.
                  I was at the table with them. I was helping one and turned to see another one tasting. It only takes a second.

Laurel

Comment

Originally posted by Laurel View Post
                    I was at the table with them. I was helping one and turned to see another one tasting. It only takes a second.

Laurel
                    yep!

I have 3 toddlers. I am sure they'd ALL take a little taste. At least with salt dough, it'd taste so bad they'd hopefully stop at 1 taste. Although, conditioner can't taste much better.

Comment

Want to make this but not sure on:

What is one part and two parts?

Can anyone explain?

Thanks!!!!

Comment

I've made a different recipe in the past and it was so darn sticky! I'll try this one with my big kids and hopefully it'll do better! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          Want to make this but not sure on:

What is one part and two parts?

Can anyone explain?

Thanks!!!!
                          It means use twice as much of one ingredient as you do the other ingredient. Example, 1 cup of A with 2 cups of B. Or 1 tablespoon of A and 2 tablespoons of B. Or 1 gallon and 2 gallons.
                          HTH!

Comment

Originally posted by Luna View Post
                            It means use twice as much of one ingredient as you do the other ingredient. Example, 1 cup of A with 2 cups of B. Or 1 tablespoon of A and 2 tablespoons of B. Or 1 gallon and 2 gallons.
                            HTH!
                            Thank you-a friend called and I asked her and she let me know also.

Its rather sticky so I had to add more cornstarch and then some regular flour.

I did:

1 cup conditioner
                            2.5 cup corn starch (the whole container)
                            some flour

the kids are enjoying it though!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                              Thank you-a friend called and I asked her and she let me know also.

Its rather sticky so I had to add more cornstarch and then some regular flour.

I did:

1 cup conditioner
                              2.5 cup corn starch (the whole container)
                              some flour

the kids are enjoying it though!
                              Awesome! We have Spring Break next week, and I'm sure this recipe will be part of it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X