AS Backfiring On Us :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS Backfiring On Us :(

We decided to have after schoolers at the preschool because we were the only daycare on the bus route and we needed kids when we opened. Well now we have 6 AS boys ages 6-10 that are NIGHTMARES and want to get rid of them. We decided at the end of the school year we wouldn't take them any more, and 2 of them need gone ASAP (bc of them 2 families that came in to check the place out didn't sign up with us bc of their behavior!). I told the Mom of the 2 boys that they needed to find care somewhere else, but she can't find anywhere. The school has a program but they charge and she doesn't have to pay anything here bc she gets the government funding. I feel really bad for her and even she can't keep them under control, but I'm not losing any more business or my sanity bc of these 2 boys! I don't know what else to tell her but good luck finding somewhere!

Yeah she may try harder to find someone if she had nowhere to go. You can't possibly be the only state funded daycare that takes SA kids! Just tell her care ends on X date and that's that.

Comment

Originally posted by Christina72684 View Post
      We decided to have after schoolers at the preschool because we were the only daycare on the bus route and we needed kids when we opened. Well now we have 6 AS boys ages 6-10 that are NIGHTMARES and want to get rid of them. We decided at the end of the school year we wouldn't take them any more, and 2 of them need gone ASAP (bc of them 2 families that came in to check the place out didn't sign up with us bc of their behavior!). I told the Mom of the 2 boys that they needed to find care somewhere else, but she can't find anywhere. The school has a program but they charge and she doesn't have to pay anything here bc she gets the government funding. I feel really bad for her and even she can't keep them under control, but I'm not losing any more business or my sanity bc of these 2 boys! I don't know what else to tell her but good luck finding somewhere!
      It's not YOUR problem where she goes or doesn't go for care.

Just tell her the last day you are able to provide care and leave it.

Don't even entertain extension or "until she finds other care" or anything like that. Just say no, I cannot accommodate you.

NO way would I continue to care for children who cost you enrollments.

If mom is in a bind now, perhaps she should think about WHY she is in this bind....I'm sure she is fully aware of her kids' behavior issues.

Comment

A week after they leave your care the Mom will never think of you a single time. She won't care if you feel sorry for her or not.

She needs to be given a date. If her kids were well behaved this wouldn't be happening. She knows they are difficult and at some point the solution needs to come from her not a person getting a couple of bucks an hour for their care.
        http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

She "can't" find care

Bc you haven't given her a cut off time limit she will keep dragging you through the misery of these rough housing boys until you do get fed up. I recommend giving her a date and say that's your very last day I will provide care. Good luck finding a new provider! Kill with kindness but don't be overrun but people who will use you until you have had enough. some parents!

Comment

I am so done with school-aged boys. I have learned my lesson. I will never take another one for after school (except for my grandsons). I do have one for about 30 mins in the AM before school, but he's fairly calm. He either sits in the living room playing with his backpack or watches cartoons.

Give the parents a date and be done with them. Her problems are not yours to solve.

Comment

Working...
            X