Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone!

Comment

It depends on your region and how much you can afford if your enrollment is a little low. I'll also be starting soon and my family is moving to a new state and I looked at some of the craigslist postings, as well as the average assist pay rates (just for a ball-park of what they are willing to pay for FCC) and I plan on starting a little lower than the others in town as a way to get my foot in the door (get some interests) and plan on regularly increasing my rates (every year or two) until it gets closer to the higher end of the price range. That way I don't price myself out of the market and don't feel like I am trapped and can never raise my prices. But I also plan on being on the food program and offering parent's night out at least every other month (if not every month, depending on how much interest is shown).

Comment

Originally posted by Starburst View Post
        It depends on your region and how much you can afford if your enrollment is a little low. I'll also be starting soon and my family is moving to a new state and I looked at some of the craigslist postings, as well as the average assist pay rates (just for a ball-park of what they are willing to pay for FCC) and I plan on starting a little lower than the others in town as a way to get my foot in the door (get some interests) and plan on regularly increasing my rates (every year or two) until it gets closer to the higher end of the price range. That way I don't price myself out of the market and don't feel like I am trapped and can never raise my prices. But I also plan on being on the food program and offering parent's night out at least every other month (if not every month, depending on how much interest is shown).
        Congratulations! I remember posting here when I first started my journey, and you were one of the first ones to reply to me. Nice to see that we're both at the same stage. I wish you the best!

Comment

It totally depends on the surrounding area! Some people get away with $50 per day, but it is about half that in my area. It even varies a lot in my area though. I think that it is crazy how it all varies in different areas! I charge two rates. Full timers pay a certain rate, and part-timers, per day, pay $5 more per day (then the weekly rate equals out to per day). Even parents that work 3 days a week need childcare, and this gives me a slight break on the other 2 days! So my part time rate is slightly higher then my full time rate, per day. I do not charge hourly at all, that is just too confusing for me to keep track of . I am glad that you got it all worked out. It's one of the trickiest parts!

Comment

I don't have a daily rate unless it is drop in care ($40/day) or no school days ($30/day if notice is given 2 weeks in advance otherwise drop in rate and only available to current SA enrolled kids).

5 days = $135
            4 days = $120
            3 days = $95

After school only care (I am on bus route, do not do transportation): $50/week regardless of number of days. This may seem low but I am only watching these SA kiddos for 1-2 hours, which evens out to $6.50/hour or more.

Hours 7am-5pm

Comment

Here are my rates:

4-5 set days...no more than 10 hpurs per day is $125 per week.
              3 set days....no more than 10 hours per day is $90 per week.
              drop-ins are $35 per day, still no more than 10 hours per day.
              weekrnd care is $50 per day....no more than 10 hours. ( I usually do not provide weekend care).

ANYTHING more than the 10 hours is considered late and I charge $25 per 15 minutes.

Comment

I'm in SE CT.
                Baby cull time $200. Or daily $50
                Age 2-5 full time $175. Or daily $40

I should be charging more.

Comment

I live in New Britain, CT and I charge a flat-rate for full-time @$175 weekly. $5/hr., for before and after school and $40 daily. I provide breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks plus my own baby wipes.

Comment

I live south of Boston MA and the average here is $200 per week full time. Daily is anywhere from $50 - $65 per day part time.
                    Looks like most of you are only charging $3 + change an hour when you break your weekly rates down. I'd say you aren't getting even half of what you are worth.

Comment

I charge $30 per day for part time .

Comment

Originally posted by rebekki78 View Post
                        It totally depends on the surrounding area! Some people get away with $50 per day, but it is about half that in my area. It even varies a lot in my area though. I think that it is crazy how it all varies in different areas! I charge two rates. Full timers pay a certain rate, and part-timers, per day, pay $5 more per day (then the weekly rate equals out to per day). Even parents that work 3 days a week need childcare, and this gives me a slight break on the other 2 days! So my part time rate is slightly higher then my full time rate, per day. I do not charge hourly at all, that is just too confusing for me to keep track of . I am glad that you got it all worked out. It's one of the trickiest parts!
                        it varies because it's based on the cost of living and salaries... If you are in a major city Boston, NYC etc the rates are naturally higher than small towns way out west. I feel daycare homes should charge as much or more than daycare centers in their area. Daycare homes provide consistent one on one caring and education that meets the learning style and development of the children in care. Specialized care!

Comment

I tried to charge 125 a week but the going rate around here in centers is 110 so that is what I charge. If they come less than full time it goes up to 25 a day. I provide food.
                          I do only charge 3$ an hour for short time. I really need to raise that rate.

Comment

I do have one child who I do allow a part time charge of 1/2 day rate if she is working under 5 hours since the child is here only twice a week usually. His mom works at the local fast food place and on the day she pays me for childcare, she isn't even bringing home any money from work. It is all going to me. Yes, I have a soft heart for single moms who have lost the father of their child to a death. I was a single mom for 8 years and I struggled every week. It isn't getting any easier out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                              it varies because it's based on the cost of living and salaries... If you are in a major city Boston, NYC etc the rates are naturally higher than small towns way out west. I feel daycare homes should charge as much or more than daycare centers in their area. Daycare homes provide consistent one on one caring and education that meets the learning style and development of the children in care. Specialized care!
                              That is a good way of looking at it, I actually didn't see it that way. I forget that not everyone is from farm country! I always had my children in homes instead of centers because my town didn't have a center, and the one I am in now doesn't, either. We have a lot of licensed providers in our area and that is probably why.

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleBee View Post
                                $3 an hr per kid between the hrs of 7am & 6pm. Before 7am and after 6pm is $5 an hr per kid. I'm in SW Michigan. Small town-out in the boonies.

I am also in Michigan, what do you charge for part time and what hours are they? Thanks in advance, just starting up on my in home day care

Comment

Working...
                                X