Favorite Daycare Crock Pot Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Daycare Crock Pot Recipes

I think it would be fun to share our favorite daycare crock pot recipes...especially with the weather getting colder.

Right now I have chicken and dumplings cooking and the kids LOVE it! I plan to do chili later in the week.

Chicken and Dumplings
    4-5 chicken breasts
    2 cans cream of chicken or 1 cream of chicken and 1 cream of mushroom
    I add a little milk too to make sure the chicken is completely covered
    mixed veggies

5-6 hrs on high

30mins before it finishes throw on some refrigerated homestyle biscuit dough torn up or cut into fourths. Serve with a fruit and you're good to go .

Soooo yummy!!

MMM, sounds yummy! I never thought to do stuff for lunch in the crock-pot.
    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

when i first read the thread, i was going to say the chicken and dumplings too!!! its our favorite!!!

i also do boneless chicken w/ cut up pepper strips and onions, and a big can of tomatos. serve it over rice.

pork and cream of mushroom soup too

pork loin and BBQ sauce, comes out like pulled pork

ive done a meatloaf in the crockpot that came out yummy too.

i do my meatsauce in the morning, and let it simmer on warm

all kinds of homemade soups...

i just love my crockpot. i throw everything in, in the a.m. and its ready by lunch!!!!

Comment

I love the crockpot too, in fact I just bought a new larger one yesterday I will be watching this thread to see what recipes you ladies have! I usually just stick a roast in there with whatever vegetables I have on hand, some seasoning, and let 'er cook.

Comment

Originally posted by melskids View Post
          when i first read the thread, i was going to say the chicken and dumplings too!!! its our favorite!!!

i also do boneless chicken w/ cut up pepper strips and onions, and a big can of tomatos. serve it over rice.

pork and cream of mushroom soup too

pork loin and BBQ sauce, comes out like pulled pork

ive done a meatloaf in the crockpot that came out yummy too.

i do my meatsauce in the morning, and let it simmer on warm

all kinds of homemade soups...

i just love my crockpot. i throw everything in, in the a.m. and its ready by lunch!!!!
          Yummy ideas!! I love the chicken with peppers and onions on rice. Sounds so good and I have a few that LOVE peppers.

Comment

Use Chicken breast or tenderloins, cover with a bottle of Honey Mustard Dressing or Italian Dressing or Catalina Dressing. Makes Great Chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by SandeeAR View Post
              Use Chicken breast or tenderloins, cover with a bottle of Honey Mustard Dressing or Italian Dressing or Catalina Dressing. Makes Great Chicken.
              This is my kind of recipe...simple, and it sounds delish!

Comment

Originally posted by Luna View Post
                This is my kind of recipe...simple, and it sounds delish!
                You can use any of the "marinades" that are sold too. I use bbq sauce or a1 sauce on pork chops too. You can do the thin sliced chops with a bottle in just about 2-3 hours on high, depending on how many you put in there.

Comment

I make soup alot.

Comment

I have 6 crock pots, one for each item of food for a holiday dinner and a new take and go one that clamps its lid on tight for travel (and yes, they work, dh was moving the truck after unhitching the camper, the thing tipped, laid on its side full of taco soup and didnt spill. !!)

I use them on holiday mornings, I peel potatoes, cut up, cover with water, salt, then pop in fridge night before, also google a baked oatmeal recipe,.. do it the night before,.. cook all night long and you have a good hearty breakfast to munch on thanksgiving morning.
                    when I get up the next morning I turn on the crock pot and get the potatoes to going, by dinner time they are ready, drained, mashed, and returned to crock pot to keep warm. I do green bean caserole in one too,.. and mac and cheese. and usually we have french onion soup, or potato soup, or something like that for our vegetarian guests. I love the bag inserts that make clean up HEAVEN!!!

for daycare I make taco soup, ham and beans, green beans tator and sausage, and stew or soup, spaghetti sauce, cheese sauce for mac and cheese, chicken and rice, chicken and dumplings, chicken and noodles, cube steak and taters, I even have ac rock pot that the base is a fry daddy and I make b and gravy, soup, anything that needs to boil, pasta type, etc... in it that would fill a normal vessel.

Comment

I do a lot of stews, chilli, and chicken recipes. My absolute favourites are traditional beef stew and chicken in a wine sauce. Yum!

Comment

Mix together an envelope of oinion soup mix, a cup of white wine or chicken stock and a can of cranberries. Place a pork tenderloin in the crockpot and season with salt and pepper then pour mixture over top. Cook on low for 5 hoours or until cooked through. Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.
                        Doing what I love and loving what I do.

Comment

I keep looking for a "like" button, or an "applause" button...can't wait to try some of these.

Comment

Originally posted by laundrymom View Post
                            I have 6 crock pots, one for each item of food for a holiday dinner and a new take and go one that clamps its lid on tight for travel (and yes, they work, dh was moving the truck after unhitching the camper, the thing tipped, laid on its side full of taco soup and didnt spill. !!)

I use them on holiday mornings, I peel potatoes, cut up, cover with water, salt, then pop in fridge night before, also google a baked oatmeal recipe,.. do it the night before,.. cook all night long and you have a good hearty breakfast to munch on thanksgiving morning.
                            when I get up the next morning I turn on the crock pot and get the potatoes to going, by dinner time they are ready, drained, mashed, and returned to crock pot to keep warm. I do green bean caserole in one too,.. and mac and cheese. and usually we have french onion soup, or potato soup, or something like that for our vegetarian guests. I love the bag inserts that make clean up HEAVEN!!!

for daycare I make taco soup, ham and beans, green beans tator and sausage, and stew or soup, spaghetti sauce, cheese sauce for mac and cheese, chicken and rice, chicken and dumplings, chicken and noodles, cube steak and taters, I even have ac rock pot that the base is a fry daddy and I make b and gravy, soup, anything that needs to boil, pasta type, etc... in it that would fill a normal vessel.
                            I so want to eat at your house.
                            http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Meatballs (Italian or Swedish), split pea soup, cheeseburger casserole, french dip sandwiches, BBQ ribs...

I am hungry. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                              X