No announcement yet.

Lunch Questions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do they kids do while you're fixing lunch?

I put them to work. They help with the prep, set the table, etc. If they're not helping me, then they are usually sitting at the table. Not because I make them, they just see me getting lunch ready and are usually anxious to eat.

How long do you let them sit there and eat?

Until they are finished.

Do you make them all wait at the table or do they leave when they're done eating? If they leave, what do they do?

They leave as they are finished. They clean up their place, wash their hands, and typically grab a book and sit and read.

What do you do right after lunch?

Brush teeth, they help me set up the nap mats, we read a few stories, and they rest for a bit. Some sleep and some don't.

Comment

What do they kids do while you're fixing lunch?
      Like another poster it depends. If it's just me and they are playing nicely, I allow them to continue playing. If they are not, they are at the table with an activity. When my assistant is here they are usually outside playing.

How long do you let them sit there and eat? I have fast eaters and we are done with lunch in about 15 minutes

Do you make them all wait at the table or do they leave when they're done eating? If they leave, what do they do? They get down one at a time for bathroom, hand washing. Then they are allowed to look at a book until it's time to go upstairs to the nap room. Of course, if they are not looking at books quietly in the family room (attached to the kitchen) it's at the table until nap.

What do you do right after lunch? I sit outside the nap room for a few minutes to make sure they are settling down. Then it's time to eat.

Comment

Working...
      X