Do You Ask, or Just Tell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tell.

I give each parent written notice of early and full day closures outside of those listed in my handbook/contract.

One parent recently responded with, “I don’t know if I have plans that day.”

My reply, “Either way, I am closed that day. I need your signature right here….. Great! Okay, see you tomorrow!"

Comment

I rarely ever close early or close for an unscheduled day, I just try to avoid doing it at all costs but I would tell, not ask, if I needed a day.

Comment

My new families are a lot more respectful of my time, but that is because I have learned along the way. One family that has been with me from the beginning always makes me feel guilty about time off, gives me a sob story about not having any coverage, etc. Unfortunately, because I allowed this in the beginning, they feel they can negotiate my days off. I am fed up with it, and have told them no more. However, I am still considering terming just because the disrespect is always an issue.
        The ladies on here are correct, though- you (and I) shouldn't feel badly, or feel the need to be available constantly. We all need time for ourselves, and our family, so don't feel guilty!

Here is a previous post you made,take your own advice and don't feel guilty

Comment

If there is anything I learned, it's that you TELL when you need a day off. If you ask, you will never get it.

Comment

Originally posted by spud912 View Post
            If there is anything I learned, it's that you TELL when you need a day off. If you ask, you will never get it.

Comment

Originally posted by NeedaVaca View Post
              My new families are a lot more respectful of my time, but that is because I have learned along the way. One family that has been with me from the beginning always makes me feel guilty about time off, gives me a sob story about not having any coverage, etc. Unfortunately, because I allowed this in the beginning, they feel they can negotiate my days off. I am fed up with it, and have told them no more. However, I am still considering terming just because the disrespect is always an issue.
              The ladies on here are correct, though- you (and I) shouldn't feel badly, or feel the need to be available constantly. We all need time for ourselves, and our family, so don't feel guilty!

Here is a previous post you made,take your own advice and don't feel guilty
              Ha! You got me here ^^^This is the same dcm I am asking about today-always gives me a sob story. However, I TOLD her today about the day off, and she actually said, "No problem". I was shocked!

Comment

I never ask, I always tell, because if i have something I need to close early for, then it's important enough for me to tell, not ask and risk not getting to the reason for it. I wont close for a full day, but will close early enough.
                lovethis daymommy to 7 kiddos - 5 girls and 2 boys

Comment

Working...
                X