More Kids Inappropriately Dressed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Kids Inappropriately Dressed!

It's 29 degrees this morning. Mom drops off my youngest SA in a t-shirt. It's got long sleeves, but still! The child has to wait at the bus stop, then wait outside the school to be let in after the bus drops off. I'm tempted to let him borrow my child's "play" coat, but I'm worried that if I do I'll never see it again. Would you all address this with Mom?

ps - I searched for the thread about this from last week but can't find it, so sorry for the multiple threads on this.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves right now, as you all probably already know! When you have an SA it's even worse, I would be concerned if you let him borrow the daycare jacket that he would leave it at school. GRRR!!

I would definitely have a chat with dcm. Tell her he needs to have a jacket if the temp is below _____.

Comment

Originally posted by AfterSchoolMom View Post
      It's 29 degrees this morning.
      Wow 29 degrees?! And no jacket??? Makes me feel like I have a cold coming on by just thinking about it. It also makes me feel lucky to live in CA and have our CA weather (7am right now and it's 77 degrees outside )

I would deffinetely talk to the DCM about it. If it were me and this happened often with the same family I would request to have the parents leave a jacket at daycare.

Comment

I wouldn't mandate a coat unless YOU are taking the kids somewhere. What I would do is, when they get there in the morning, say "Billy, where's your coat? You're going to freeze your booty off waiting for that bus!!!" Hopefully mom will catch a clue.

Some parents are so irresponsible. I can't even believe they things they do, or don't do, sometimes. :confused:

Comment

I had a dcm comment last week (she always dresses her kids appropriately so thats why she said this) "I can't understand that when its cold outside baby c is wearing summer clothes and when its summer she is dressed in winter clothes" all I could do is agree with her.

Comment

Well in her defense, my son hates long sleeves, and usually does not want to wear a coat. I cant make him. If he isnt cold, he's not going to wear it no matter what I do! He has always been that way. Besides, you cant catch a cold from being in the cold.. I would say as long as he has one with him, that be ok. I'm always cold...I dont understand how some people waer shorts all winter either, like my stepson, but he does!

Comment

That's the thing, legomom...he's always complaining of being cold.

I let him wear our coat to the bus stop, but he took it off right before getting on the bus. If it continues, I guess I'll talk to Mom.

Comment

Working...
              X