No announcement yet.

Happy Friday, Here Is A Poop Question for You lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every individual has their own natural rhythm. I know adults who say they go at least once a day and some that go every other day or every couple of days. Sometimes this is also the child's way of gaining control (isn't everything?), sometimes around the potty training age they purposely hold in when they have to go, even for days. Some foods take longer to digest, fruits and vegetables tend to help you go more easily and meats can take a while longer (people who consume a lot of red meat regularly are more prone to constipated). And of course, if his eating habits change (not eating as much as he normally does one day) it can change the quantity and frequency.

As long as he isn't showing any signs of pain and goes at least 2 or 3 times a week regularly then I wouldn't worry too much. If you are worried, maybe try making sure his daycare meals have more fiber (fruits) or that he's drinking plenty of water at daycare (just don't force him to drink water).

Comment

I had a DCB who was just like that. At least 5-6 BMs a day, at almost 2. They were never formed/ loose, not watery and gave him HORRIBLE rashes.

Turns out that between the milk he was getting at home and at daycare, he was drinking close to 40 ounces a day. Once they cut that out the problem subsided a little.

He didn't stay with us long, because of major disagreements about his development. However, I did suggest to DCM that he was gluten intolerant. He had several other delays that could have been related to it.

I think diary & gluten are definitely worth looking into.

Comment

Thanks ladies,

I never thought she is giving him a laxative - hmmm
        He is only with me Wed/Fri and I have never witnessed any constipation of signs of struggling.

Blandino, it actually sounds just like you said!

I'll have to really discuss with DCM
        to me something is off when he goes to the washroom 5 times in 1.5 hours. Sure maybe a few times I have jumped the gun to change him to quickly as the smell is something awful it makes my other kiddos and me almost gag and it gives him such bad rashes. But it isn't that 'typical sick diarrhea'
        So sorry for all the darn poop talk and lovely Info

I am beginning to dread wed/ fri from all the diaper changes it really hinders my program when I am constantly changing him.
        During circle, during walks, during lunch, nap...

Thanks again ladies

Comment

Originally posted by godiva83 View Post
          Thanks ladies,

He is only with me Wed/Fri and I have never witnessed any constipation of signs of struggling.

to me something is off when he goes to the washroom 5 times in 1.5 hours. Sure maybe a few times I have jumped the gun to change him to quickly as the smell is something awful it makes my other kiddos and me almost gag and it gives him such bad rashes. But it isn't that 'typical sick diarrhea'

I am beginning to dread wed/ fri from all the diaper changes it really hinders my program when I am constantly changing him.

Thanks again ladies
          I see that a bunch in kids who just aren't supervised at home and eat constantly when they are at home... Honestly, that many times a day is NOT NORMAL.

I would fill out one of my handy dr occurrence forms and require it get checked out. Ido realize some people and kids go x times a day but THAT many is NOT NORMAL.

Comment

Originally posted by godiva83 View Post
            Thanks ladies,

Thanks again ladies
            Our DCB had weak tooth enamel, was generally on the crabby side, was late walking (18m) and late talking, he had poor hair growth, and got diaper rashes very easily. Of course his mom didn't agree with this evaluation

To my knowledge, those are very common signs of gluten intolerance in children.

Comment

Working...
            X