I Think My Backbone Is Finally Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nanglgrl View Post
    None of my clients know how much anyone else pays, it's none if their business. I do contracted hours, my operating hours are 7:30-3:45 with no drop offs after 9am and no pick ups from 12:45-2:45. I would consider staying open until 5:30pm or being open before 7:30 am but the charge would be about $35 more a week (for either earlier or later, more for both) and every time I tell potential clients that they find a way to pick by 3:45pm. It's actually quite interesting to me how many parents can find a way to pick up early when it costs more. One of my clients picks up at 12:45, she pays the same as my 3:45 pick ups, another doesn't arrive until 9 am and picks up at 3 pm, they pay the same as someone here from 7:30-3:45. It all depends on what works for you but this has done wonders for me. We play and learn in the morning, they eat lunch, they nap, they go home. When I have appointments 99% of the time I can schedule them after 4, my own school age children rarely see the daycare kids so they don't have to deal with the noise and sharing as much.

Awesome hours for your own kids! So true with them suddenly being ok with a certain time! I recently started opening 1 hour later to accommodate my kids in the morning. I was shocked that all but 1 set of parents was fine with it! Turns out they only came at that time because that's when I opened and they wanted a little alone time in the morning! I was also surprised that 2 parents actually admitted this!
    Last edited by CraftyMom; 02-14-2014, 10:54 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by MotherNature View Post
      Who shows up nearly an hour early & then gets mad at YOU? Rude!
      SERIOUSLY! How can you plan when she gave NO NOTICE and essentially BROKE the contract?

Originally posted by jokalima View Post
      How do contracted hours work exactly? And do they afect the weekley fee? Like for example, less hours less pay? Or it stays the same no matter how many hours?
      I do not have business hours. I have hours based on each families needs. One day I open at 8 because that is my earliest drop off, and one day I open at 6 because that is my earliest drop off.

Each family gives me a SET weekly schedule with a drop off time and a pick up time of no more than 10 hours/day. They stick to that. They can request early drop off or late pick up 24 hours in advance (for a fee).

I only have a set day fee schedule, mine is
      5 days (up to 50 hours) 175
      4 days (up to 40 hours) 160
      3 days (up to 30 hours) 135
      2 days (up to 20 hours) 100
      drop in, up to 10 hours-50

Comment

I love my contracted hours. I know exactly when each dck will be picked up. Rarely is any one late. And my assistant goes home on time.

I have had a few parents try to arrive early - before my assistant arrives - I just tell them, they can stay, hold their child, and sign in after my assistant comes. Doesn't happen twice.

Contracted hours are really important for anyone with an assistant. Otherwise, it's too hard to know when that staff person should come in or will get to go home.

Comment

Working...
        X