Need a Quick Idea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Quick Idea!

We are having a tea party for Valentine's Day on Friday afternoon. I ordered little Valentine plush bears as favors for the kids. Well, the box arrived today with...flags inside. I immediately called and they promised to overnight the right product but said that with the weather issues around the country I most likely would not receive them in time.

Aaaaahhhh! I need an idea for a relatively inexpensive, readily available Valentine-related party favor I can get in case the bears don't make it. (I can't do food/candy related items because of allergies). Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

Im doing heart socks for the girls and tattoos for the boys.
    i usually do the same for boys and girls, but valentines day is a hard one to do that with and bears/stuffed animals are not in my budget

Comment

I saw a Pinterest craft where someone used up all their broken crayons and melted them into heart shaped molds. I'll see if I can find it.

Or maybe a small tub of play dough and a heart shaped cookie cutter?

Found the link:
      Make these Heart Shaped Crayons with your kids for an evening of fun! They will love helping and coloring with these little hearts! Great for Valentines Day
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Blackcat31; 02-12-2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Do you have a Dollar Tree nearby? (or any dollar store) They have lots of valentine favors

Comment

I'm doing home made play dough and heart shape cookie cutters I got from the $ store. Mine are 3 and under.

Comment

I've seen a lot of valentine plush toys at Wal-Mart for around $2 a piece. Maybe you can cancel the online order and go with that instead?

Otherwise, you can make valentine's playdough and give it to each child. I make the traditional "recipe," but with red food coloring, glitter and some rose-scented oil. You can package it nicely in jars or plastic tupperwear with a ribbon tied around the top and a dollar-store heart cookie cutter.

Comment

Originally posted by kathiemarie View Post
              I'm doing home made play dough and heart shape cookie cutters I got from the $ store. Mine are 3 and under.
              :::: I think you posted just before I hit post on mine

Comment

I always run to the dollar store and get them each a heart shaped balloon. Festive, fun, and cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by spud912 View Post
                  :::: I think you posted just before I hit post on mine
                  Great minds.....::

Comment

I found stuffed animals at our Fred Meyer for 1/2 off, so they were $1.99 each.

Comment

I do the heart shaped crayons every year, and they turn out fabulously.

Comment

Working...
                      X