Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If DCK Doesn't Show Up For D/O, How Long Do You Wait To Contact Parent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If DCK Doesn't Show Up For D/O, How Long Do You Wait To Contact Parent?

I typically wait an hour before texting parent to ask if so and so will be coming. How long do you wait?

The same. In some states a provider has to call within a half hour of the parents scheduled arrival time. Too many infants being left in cars...

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
      The same. In some states a provider has to call within a half hour of the parents scheduled arrival time. Too many infants being left in cars...
      This child is pre k age. I know sometimes they sleep in and don't want to bother them if they are. I always feel bad when I know I woke them up.

Comment

I text within an hour.

Comment

Most of my parents are good about texting if they'll be late or aren't coming. But if it got to that point, I'd call between 45 minutes to an hour.

Comment

Ok, another question...How long do you wait for a response before attempting to make contact again?

Comment

I call/text at 9am since that is my drop off cut off time. Repeat after 5 minutes if I don't get an answer.

Comment

Parents have to notify me within 30 minutes of their expected arrival time if they are going to be late.

If they don't call, they are considered a "No-show" and marked absent for the day. After 3 "No-shows" termination may occur.

It is a matter of simple respect. NOT calling your provider is really a disrespectful and immature thing to do.

Either way, I RARELY text or call a parent about their absence. Not unless I really really think something is "off" and it's not normal behavior for the family to not show up or call.

Otherwise, I won't chase my clients and "remind" them of their ADULT obligations

Comment

Originally posted by Asmithdaycare View Post
                  This child is pre k age. I know sometimes they sleep in and don't want to bother them if they are. I always feel bad when I know I woke them up.
                  Why would you feel bad for disturbing a family that hasn't shown up at the time they scheduled? They are the ones who should be feeling bad. :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

It is a matter of simple respect. NOT calling your provider is really a disrespectful and immature thing to do.
                    It is RUDE to no call/no show. If it's out of the norm, I text within 15 minutes to make sure everything is ok. If it's a regular thing, I speak to the parent in person about it. I have texted parents before and woken them up (and received thank you's as they were late to work). I have texted a parent before and found out that they were in an accident, and I have texted a parent before only to realize dck is in the car asleep and they are at work. I always text, and SOON.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
                      It is RUDE to no call/no show. If it's out of the norm, I text within 15 minutes to make sure everything is ok. If it's a regular thing, I speak to the parent in person about it. I have texted parents before and woken them up (and received thank you's as they were late to work). I have texted a parent before and found out that they were in an accident, and I have texted a parent before only to realize dck is in the car asleep and they are at work. I always text, and SOON.

I haven't had the last one actually happen, but too many people have, so I prefer to be certain.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmithdaycare View Post
                        In that case, I would NOT feel bad at all! They are being RUDE!

Comment

Why would you feel bad for disturbing a family that hasn't shown up at the time they scheduled? They are the ones who should be feeling bad. :confused:
                          This. It's rude to keep you waiting. Takes a second to roll over, text you that they're sleeping in, and go back to sleep. I wait about 45 mins.

Comment

Parents have to notify me within 30 minutes of their expected arrival time if they are going to be late.

If they don't call, they are considered a "No-show" and marked absent for the day. After 3 "No-shows" termination may occur.

Either way, I RARELY text or call a parent about their absence. Not unless I really really think something is "off" and it's not normal behavior for the family to not show up or call.

Otherwise, I won't chase my clients and "remind" them of their ADULT obligations
                            Very similar to how i do things, although I don't have the termination factor in there.... will be adding that

I think it is imperative to keep in contact with your care provider. If they were sick and not going into work, I bet they wouldn't forget to call there.

I don't normally call to figure things out. I may place one call or send an email but that is it. I wouldn't go further than that to figure out what is going on. I mark them absent after one hour, will send an email that they need to contact me before they return to care, and leave it at that.

Comment

I usually wait about an hour before texting.

I had one today that dropped off an hour late without letting me know. At drop off I mentioned to dad that I need him to let me know if they are likely to be more than 10 minutes late (as per our contract). He didn't seem to get why I was annoyed.

I hate waiting around for people and I think it's disrespectful. Any ideas how I can word it next time to help him understand its important and disruptive to everyone's day?

Comment

Working...
                              X