White Walls: How Would You Decorate?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christina72684 View Post
    Did you use real branches or make them out of something? Our column is already woody because we planned on using it for a tree, but haven't figured out how to do it yet.
    Originally posted by missy View Post
    Ooo, I would love to hear how you made the column tree too:+) I have a column right smack in the middle of the room.
    I used balsa wood and just used tiny nails to nail it on. It was really easy to do. Here is a picture of the fall tree, in the summer it has green leaves and a bird and the winter it's bare branches with white fluff and glitter mixed in to look like snow. It works really well to go with our themes and brings the outdoors in. In the fall I take a few leaves off daily and throw them on the floor and the children love picking them up. I used wooden safety pins that I painted dark brown and used wood glue to attach them to the tree so I could clip the leaves on. I found all of the leaves at the Dollar Store.
    Attached Files

Comment

I plan to do at least one whole wall top to bottom in magnetic paint -- the parts they can't reach can hold artwork hung with magnets

I love the tree idea, I definitely plan to do that.

Our fire requirements say no more than 30% (or so) can be flammable artwork, so I have to think carefully.

I'll probably do vinyl on our other main wall.

I love the glow-in-the-dark stars in the nap room idea! So cute!

Comment

Originally posted by nanglgrl View Post
        I used balsa wood and just used tiny nails to nail it on. It was really easy to do. Here is a picture of the fall tree, in the summer it has green leaves and a bird and the winter it's bare branches with white fluff and glitter mixed in to look like snow. It works really well to go with our themes and brings the outdoors in. In the fall I take a few leaves off daily and throw them on the floor and the children love picking them up. I used wooden safety pins that I painted dark brown and used wood glue to attach them to the tree so I could clip the leaves on. I found all of the leaves at the Dollar Store.
        Oh my goodness!!!! I LOVE your set up!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spinnymarie View Post
          I plan to do at least one whole wall top to bottom in magnetic paint -- the parts they can't reach can hold artwork hung with magnets

I love the tree idea, I definitely plan to do that.

Our fire requirements say no more than 30% (or so) can be flammable artwork, so I have to think carefully.

I'll probably do vinyl on our other main wall.

I love the glow-in-the-dark stars in the nap room idea! So cute!
          Originally posted by nanglgrl View Post
          I used balsa wood and just used tiny nails to nail it on. It was really easy to do. Here is a picture of the fall tree, in the summer it has green leaves and a bird and the winter it's bare branches with white fluff and glitter mixed in to look like snow. It works really well to go with our themes and brings the outdoors in. In the fall I take a few leaves off daily and throw them on the floor and the children love picking them up. I used wooden safety pins that I painted dark brown and used wood glue to attach them to the tree so I could clip Lovleaves on. I found all of the leaves at the Dollar Store.
          Love it, thanks for sharing!

I saw a neat one online too that looked like it had black garbage bags wrapped around it then smeared with white paint, giving it the appearance of bark.

Comment

Working...
          X