Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
    Mondays are weird for me.

Kids are running in the door, barely glancing backwards to wave at their parents, happy and excited to be here....

Parents do THE shortest drop off's ever on Mondays....and always have that look on their face that says "Even if you charged me $100 just for today I would still be leaving them here...."

It's usually Friday's drop offs that I have the "negative" behavioral issues...by that time, the parent has had enough time without their child to regroup placating (um, I mean parenting) becomes easier for them.
    That's how it is for me too. I notice the kids are actually happy to see each other on Monday and usually play nicer together. By Friday, all bets are off and everyone is bothering everyone.

Comment

Monday

One came in and slept until 11am, then was an absolute disoriented mess for an hour after waking. Became upset that could not have apple juice from home to walk around the house with. Another one climbing and giving me a heart attack everytime I turn around. Any advice for climbing on tables??? Another being rough with the dog. Dragging toys everywhere. Grabbing food off the counter tops and spilling that food on the carpet. Temper tantrums left and right and naps all over the place in terms of time.

Comment

:: This is awesome!
        Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
        :::: Too funny....

I had one at the door with Ipad in hand, halfway through a movie I will make sure that child is still painting at pick-up time (his favorite activity).

Followed shortly by DCD dropping off two covered in chocolate I will make sure to post a photo of them "doing early am crafts" with it all over their white frilly shirts for DCM to ask me about.

The next to arrive was a pair covered in dog hair and mud. I will write that one off since DCM also had it on her nice work clothing, her neighbors dogs. We may even make her an e-card later.

Last was a screaming infant with a quick "I am so sorry, I ran out of time, he has not been fed...." I am still plotting on this one....

*** Now the truth is they will all be perfectly coiffed, re-dressed in clean clothing (white shirts already soaking in pre-treatment, the rest in laundry ) and perfectly happy at pick-up today. Like every other day. It is what I do.

It is still fun to plot, though...isn't it. ::::

Comment

Working...
        X